Eastern Beaver

I've done this mod per the diagram and it is MUCH less expensive, much less labor intensive and is at least as effective as the the Eastern Beaver product. I initially installed Ken's keyless unit on my '06 Rocket Classic after the ignition switch failed a few years ago, right after I bought it. With that unit I also gained his solution to no more ignition key switch burn out/failures. I later transferred it , the keyless gizmo, to my '08 Rocket Touring model when I bought it That's when I did Ken's relay solution to the ignition key burn out problem on my '06 Classic. Ken also repaired my '06 buggered ignition switch for me and now with his engineering brilliance I don't need to worry about the switch burning out again. :thumbsup:

I am stoopid when it comes to electronics. @DEcosse has a relay harness already built i can buy?:unsure::unsure:
Not that I know of, PM him. You can't be more, "stoopid" than me when it comes to electrical stuff. At least half the enjoyment I get from motorcycling is doing stuff like this on my bikes. Try it, you might enjoy it too......or, on the other hand, you might destroy your bike. No, just kidding, that won't happen. :unsure: Oh, be sure to have plenty of your favorite beverage close by when working on bikes. In my case, whiskey. :)

Not that I know of, PM him. You can't be more, "stoopid" than me when it comes to electrical stuff. At least half the enjoyment I get from motorcycling is doing stuff like this on my bikes. Try it, you might enjoy it too......or, on the other hand, you might destroy your bike. No, just kidding, that won't happen. :unsure: Oh, be sure to have plenty of your favorite beverage close by when working on bikes. In my case, whiskey. :)
In my case would have to be fresh lemonade:roll:

I believe he stopped making the keyless start module because he couldn't find an RFID chip that met his quality standards that was readily available. The link that Joe provided is a schematic and how to to make your own "ignition bypass" , if you will, to re-route the higher amp power away from the switch.

Back