Eastern Beaver Question

HELBOY

Supercharged
Ride
2005 ROCKET SE
2005 R3 17000 miles. Two weeks ago my battery was dead, charged it, bike started and ran great. Next day dead again, had battery tested, that indicated replacement. New battery, starts, runs great. This adventure prompted me to order the Eastern Beaver fix. Installed yesterday, drove the bike about 20 miles, stopped and restarted 6 times. No concerns.
After dark, about six hours after install, I thought I would check out the headlamp brightness. Lamps look very bright, however, now bike is reluctant to start. Sometimes it fires right up, sometimes nothing, sometimes a weak starter engagement. Lights are very bright at all times. Same thing this morning, may start, may not. Earlier in the day when I drove the bike it started fine, it was fully warmed up. Now when the bike is cold I have this starter issue. What should I be looking at??????

Attachments

• CIMG1268.JPG
    CIMG1268.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
If you did the Eastern Beaver mod, I assume you tied it directly to battery terminals, are they both tight? I know it sounds simple, but I've been there and done that.

Checked them, seems ok. That's what I think ( must be something simple ). Thanks Tipps

Check connections to starter motor, beefing up main feed & earth cables is not a bad idea to improve current flow.

Back