eastern beaver relay kit

I beg to differ...
Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong - show me .......

Installation

Installing The Switching Leads: This Kit has two small blue Posi-Locks instead of a standard H4 Coupler. Posi-locks are used to make the HI/LO beam connections to the bike for normal switching. The kit’s yellow wire is LO beam and the white is HI beam. You will be connecting only ONE OEM H4 socket’s hot wires to connect the switching leads. When you lift the fuel tank on the right side frame you’ll find two connectors to the lighting circuit that go to the headlights. Removing the cover from the headstock on the right side will ease installation (requires an allen key). You can disconnect the small OEM loom connectors from the loom harness. You need to cut one of those small OEM loom connectors off leaving about 2 to 3 inches of wire. Remove the old heat shrink-wrap from the connector and you’ll find a black, yellow, red/blue and blue/white wires. Before connecting these wires to the Kit's blue Posi-Locks on the yellow and white wires, slide new heat shrink tube from the kit over the posi-locks and kit wires. When finished connecting to the HI and LO hot wires of the bike finish the job by shrinking the tubing over the Posi-Locks and wires to keep out dirt and moisture.

"Offering" - and "providing on solicited request" are not the same thing :D

Me? I don't actually "offer" anything! It is ALL by solicited request :p :D :roll:

Jim - Eastern Beaver - is actually an excellent vendor and also a very nice guy - I have done a lot of business with him myself over the years.
(his Regulator wiring kits came about in a direct cross-consultation with me)
The headlight kit I designed is not intended to be 'competition' but as an alternative with some different features.

Yes, and you're one *big* ocean closer.

All the best to him. Love rules all -- not necessarily best for the pocket book.

PC-8 and headlight relays are two entirely different things - the only common denominator is 'Eastern Beaver'

EB does NOT offer a plug n play headlight kit for the R3 - he offers one with H4 male connector for the single headlight(Touring) kits but not for the Twin headlights.
My Roadster kit came with new plugs to the headlights and the only connection to the bike was the hi and low beam (from memory)

The point being, there are options.

Eastern Beaver has a humorous web page -- with his snide way of pointing out that yes he will sell one 59¢ connector, and put $200.00 dollars in shipping, and that his minimum purchase is $20 (or used to be).

@DEcosse is the most helpful guy with electrons and parts that carry electrons and advice.

And for the handy folks here, some have wired their own.

It's all about options, where one is in life, and what floats your boat, cranks your tractor, tickles your fancy . . .

The PC8 does not connect to the OEM harness. He sells 2 versions of headlight relays, one require you to cut ohh the OEM headlight connectors and splice in the relats. The other version plugs into the headlight socket and does not require cutting into the OEM harness.
make sense !! got that one

Back