Early R3 instruments needed or info on replacement options

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
@Turk has in-operable instruments on his early 2005 R3 and needs some to register it. His pods are fine, so just internals will do if somebody has damaged ones.

This is Turk's bike's details

Identifier number: SMTTLC00355213285
Identifier type: VIN
Vehicle type: MOTOR CYCLE
Make: TRIUMPH
Body type: MOTOR CYCLE
Model: ROCKET 111
Colour: MAROON
Engine number: 3214176
Year/Month of compliance: 2004-11

I thought I had a spare brand new pre ABS set but it turns out they are for the later series R3s like Roadster with VINS after 443164. As my ABS Roadster is a Dec2009 plated 2010 Aussie model I was surprised to find that my VIN 432260 is less than that and my speedo etc has an ABS warning light and a different dial. I also have a spare used 2014 set off a Rocket X with 12,000klm but it is the same as mine so I doubt these will fit an earlier Classic and they must be for 2014 or later Roadsters.
A separate eBay UK item description below that I had not read when purchasing.;):eek::rolleyes::whitstling::whitstling::D

TRIUMPH ROCKET III CLASSIC AND ROADSTER KPH INSTRUMENT ASSEMBLY
FOR THE ROCKET III CLASSIC AND ROADSTER FROM LAST 6 DIGITS OF VIN NUMBER 443164 ONWARDS. NOT SUITABLE FOR UK ROAD USE

THIS PART HAS BEEN FITTED BUT HAS COME OFF A BRAND NEW BIKE WHICH HAS BEEN CONVERTED SO IS IN AS NEW CONDITIO
RRP £646.27 INC VAT
FOR OVERSEAS SHIPPING PLEASE CONTACT FOR A QUOTE
COMPATIBLE PART NUMBERS T2500657

upload_2019-3-5_14-57-8.png

In my opinion - The biggest PITA with swapping clocks are the ruddy dash lights. I have just HAD TO swap the Speedo on my Guzzi as the one fitted crapped out. Just as a make it ridable option 'til I find a waterproof 4" replacement.

Cheap Koso Speedo from Amazon and I simply fitted a KOSO GPS speed sensor. Calibration time about a minute.

I am reading! :)

I think I am going to do a Garmin Mechanic + Ecoroute with phone combo or with their Garmin Nuvi GPS unit.

Back