Dyno Tune and Results

Pig9r

Living Legend
I decided to go the route of PCIII plus Tuneboy. I loaded Wayne's 20050_3 tune and hooked up the PCIII and got a custom dyno tune. I have triple K&N's and Maddog exhaust with cat bypass. I ran it with the claw cover removed and the coolant overflow has been relocated.

The first run without the PCIII hooked up with the 20050_3 tune was 146 hp / 148 ft-lb. However it was running pretty lean in the low and midrange, higher RPMs it was better.

After the remap it turned out 152 hp / 155 ft-lbs. I couldn't tell much on the butt-dyno on the way home but I could tell a big difference in throttle response and smoothness.

I am very satisfied with the results. A/F ratio is right around 13.5 to 1. I still have a little decel popping because the tuner was reluctant to add too much at the low throttle position because he thought it would not be as smooth. I'll have to play with that a bit.

I will post the PCIII map in the Trading Tunes section when I get them, they were supposed to be emailed however they haven't shown up yet.

Nice numbers ya got there, Pig9r. Congrats on getting that custom map together.

It's always interesting seeing what A/F numbers work best in certain parts of the country. A 13.5 A/F ratio gave me slightly higher numbers on the dyno but wasn't quite as powerful on the street as a 13.0 A/F ratio, which didn't produce quite as high numbers on the dyno.

Pig9r, is your redline set at 6500?

Did you end up using 20050_3's ignition map with its 3 degrees of retarded ignition above 50% throttle?

What do you think of that stock cam stopping too early! LoL

Any ideas on where you may be headed performance-wise? Cams, port & polish, pistons & cams?

My redline is set at 6300. I didn't want to bump it up since I have bounced off of the limiter a time or two.

Yes I used the map with the retarded ignition. I figured that is the best map I have for my set up so it would be a good base. The shop I went to (which is a Suzuki dealer) posts the top performers on a board on the shop wall, my Rocket scored number 4 overall. He said they have tuned over 300 bikes. Number 1 was a 310 hp turbo 'busa.

As far as the next performance mod, I think this will get me through the summer until the next itch comes along. I would like a set of Nev's cams but I can't justify a grand for a few extra ponies at this point. A performance exhaust would be the next logical step, like Travelguy's set up. I was impressed that the K&N's and Maddogs got similar numbers to those with foamies and Jars.

Last edited:
Pigger

Ok sparky I just orderd it and If It takes away any of my low RPM (2000-4000 spunk)Iam gona come see you and plug It Into your ass..Te He. My busa PC came with a track map, whats In this one.Even If I use yours what does It come with??Thanks for the dyno run..Have you posted the map yet?? Really appreciate It..Jack Oh nevs cams won't get you nutten below 3000 for 1000 bucks..I want an RV cam so I can pull the ass hole out of a rinoceros...Thanks again Brian

Back