Dual Seat with Riders Back Rest for sale

Backrest folds down forward..I have one.
Which is fine getting on - But off, not so much. Every time I do a long trip I have an extra bag on the rear seat for the "stuff I'll need on the ferry". So my foot hits that before the backrest.

I look like a guy with an artificial right leg getting on and off. I refuse to trust the sidestand. I suspect it may be made of leftovers of gearbox cheese. Partly the restriction in mobility is the leathers. But mostly it's coz I'm getting older. Time for MAN-YOGA

I went and looked at this seat this week it is in beautiful condition! Very comfy but sadly I have trouble getting my leg over the backrest with my spinal issues :(
And the hill that i live on does not make it any easier...
Great to finally meet you mate

a little story
short version
home from a trip loaded down heavy and in front of the gate i stood up the bike prepared to swing right leg off when i stepped on shifter and into low. thought i was going to go through the gate but the engine killed before driving off the stand.:whitstling::whitstling:

a little story
short version
home from a trip loaded down heavy and in front of the gate i stood up the bike prepared to swing right leg off when i stepped on shifter and into low. thought i was going to go through the gate but the engine killed before driving off the stand.:whitstling::whitstling:
A classic (underwear) skid mark moment.

Do you still have the seat with driver's backrest? Will it fit a 2013 R3 tour? If so any idea on shipping costs to 29681 in USA?

No unfortunatiely this will never fit a Touring R3T it is for R3 standards, Classics and Roadsters only.

This is a
CLASSIC TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9708164
For use with ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST A9708160

upload_2019-1-24_13-18-51.png

There is a Touring version - actually 2 versions a solo with seperate copillion and a dual Longhaul version.

What you are after is either
LONGHAUL TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9700209
Shown with ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST - LONGHAUL A9708158
upload_2019-1-24_13-13-14.png

or
BUCKET SOLO SEAT A9708162
Shown with ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST - LONGHAUL A9708158

upload_2019-1-24_13-16-16.png

and maybe
COMFORT PILLION SEAT A9708163
upload_2019-1-24_13-17-25.png

The backrests are ALL interchangeable except the Touring one is a grayer color vinyl hence the slightly different part numbers.

There are still the base seats available new or used with the hole for the backrest but rarely from dealers now. A few of us have made our own backrests to suit the square hole and mounting mount. Others just get a 'Utopia USA' brand backrest. The seats with or without the hole and or riders backrest, are typically the most comfortable factory Triumph seats available.

I can source both the Touring base seats and pillion but no longer the rider's backrests.

The backrests are the 'unicorn' bit. The used sets come up sporadically, none for 6 months then a couple in a month then 12 months zilch.

There is a R3Touring seat with backrest CLASSIC TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9708164 with ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST A9708160, for sale on FB at the moment. They are looking for offers - I would offer $550, a good price if you can get it.

Back