Drying the bike after washing

FE_rex

Bob Wills is still the King
Ride
2006 Rocket III
Anyone have any recommendation on 120 VAC blowers to dry the bike (preferably inexpensive). I've seen the heated MC blowers - are they really that much better than a home store leaf blower?

I'm tired of fixing my gas blower and having mix for it. The only thing I use it for now is drying the bike and now it is leaking gas again. Gas blower is also the ONLY reason I have mix gas on-hand.

Anyone have any recommendation on 120 VAC blowers to dry the bike (preferably inexpensive). I've seen the heated MC blowers - are they really that much better than a home store leaf blower?

I'm tired of fixing my gas blower and having mix for it. The only thing I use it for now is drying the bike and now it is leaking gas again. Gas blower is also the ONLY reason I have mix gas on-hand.
I do most of my 'washing' with a wet towel and no hose if possible. A leaf blower works fine if it's not used on 'high'. Look into a battery leaf blower they work crap on leaves but should work well on cars and motorcycle washing.

Here in Florida I use the automatic washer and automatic dryer. :D

IMG_20191207_075930_679.jpg
IMG_20191208_120516417.jpg

I'm a dirty bird, but when I do hose the Girls down, I too, use compressed air, and blow as much off from everywhere, as I can. Then I fire her up, and let her idle at least till the fan comes on, to cook off any remaining moisture.;)

There are about 9 battery powered blowers on the market most last longer than the ECHO as far as battery time goes but the ECHO blows at 145 MPH, faster than most all others on the market.I bought this exclusively for my bikes,except when my girlfriend uses it in her garden. It gives you plenty of time to dry off the bikes and recharges in 30 minutes. I used to use my Dewalt air compressor but the ECHO lets you wash the bikes anywhere without worrying about the air line reaching it. The other alternative is the EGO it lasts the longest battery powered the best on the market and is double the price.

Last edited:
Battery blower works for me. Avoid large water except on engine block, underside, rims and brake calipers. Wet towel on windshield to get bugs off. MC Spirits, F11 on paint with microfiber. No paper, it scratches the paint and acrylic shield. Tyres, wet towel with a little detergent. Dry look. Never spray wet look on MC tyres.

Not to getting too far off subject, but one of my old Sportsters has been under cover for a couple years. The aluminum/mag ? spoke wheels are covered with white, spots of corrosion. I'm hoping the pressure washer will knock it off. Haven't tried yet.

I use a Ryobi high volumn low pressure inflator. Battery power and small size makes it easy to use. Looks like a cordless drill.

Not to getting too far off subject, but one of my old Sportsters has been under cover for a couple years. The aluminum/mag ? spoke wheels are covered with white, spots of corrosion. I'm hoping the pressure washer will knock it off. Haven't tried yet.

Probably going to need a brass wire brush.

Back