Oldwarrior

08 Touring
Ride
08 Rocket iii touring
what is the best way/easiest way to lift my bike... I'm seeing I need a bracket and read that JBQ doesn't fit my 2008 rocket touring?
did a few searches here and didn't find much.

this is the way i do mine
i pull the seat and put a towel on it then i run it up on 2 2x6 (i need the seat off so i don't fall over because i can not touch the ground with the added height.)
then my motor cycle lift will fit under and just add thin boards to the low spots.

I have the Roadster but I think this might work for you too. Fits in your tool kit so some "guy" in a shop somewhere on the road can lift your bike properly. Just remove before riding and you have nothing hanging under your bike to snag.
1655939823647.png

1655939851128.png

I have the Roadster but I think this might work for you too. Fits in your tool kit so some "guy" in a shop somewhere on the road can lift your bike properly. Just remove before riding and you have nothing hanging under your bike to snag.
1655939823647.png

1655939851128.png
Trying this on my touring. it's different from a roadster and not working as nicely as I'd hoped. I'm trying to make something work but being very caucus more than willing to listen to any ideas.

Hmmm- yeah, then there is a difference there between the Roadster/Classics and the Touring model. My design is based off another that used welded pins, instead of the bolts (I can't weld)- that sounds like it would work for you. The other designs that have a continuous plate running under the bike don't offer any advantage that I can see, as the weight is still just bearing on those lifting holes.

I had to grind a little off one side of the bolt heads to allow them to fit around some obstruction. I'm sure you'll figure something out- let us know.

Back