Drag Racing - 2018

It’s an E max now :). Thinking it may have been my launch technique. I was low RPM launching because the rocket doesn’t need high rpm launches to get out of the hole fast.

Stage 2000, bump to 2500 on first light and launch at 2500-2800. I think I need to try and feather a bit more keep my action on the throttle a slightly slower roll in hitting full throttle right before I shift instead of a very quick open to the stop. I think this way I’ll possibly avoid the big torque hitting while moving under 10 mph and breaking the tire loose.

Also going to try lower pressure to around 24 as a starting point to let the tire flex a bit more.

Makes sense in my head, sounds easy.... it won’t be lol. I’ll make sure both go pros are charged this time (both were dead last year).

Rob,
If ya needs a third Go Pro, you can use mine . . .

I can't imagine getting more than 4 hours of actual race footage, not that I would object to doing so!!

Ill try and film some of the cars out there and put together a bit of montage. Sadly, my attempts at enlisting my wife as a camera woman met with utter failure, couldn't even get her into the Mini when she did come out on autocross day; "It smells like burnt rubber and gas over there, I'm going to stay over here and read" :banghead::banghead:

Twas thinking about use mounted on the bike.
Soon as we know the date, I can get it in my calender.
I am not unfamiliar with camera/video work and would be up to doing some of your adventures.

Too bad the footage will get erased before you get home. :roll:

Darnit - I deserved that!
whipping.gif
angry-skull.gif

Back when I used to race my Kawasaki H1, I would hold it at 6,000 rpm's as the tree came down. Right before the last yellow, I would go to wide open, then feather the clutch out as fast as I could without spinning the tire. It's not easy to do especially if you have an open header car next to so you cant hear your own engine. Once I was rolling I didn't have to worry about wheel spin. On my 900 Kaw I ran a slick and wheelie bar. On that bike the slick was like gear drive, no slip at all. I only raced my V-65 Honda one time. As soon as I would go from the 100 ft. concrete take-off onto the asphalt, my back tire would go up in smoke. I don't know how Carpenter keeps their Silverback hooked, especially with a Metz.

Edit: Most of my racing was done late 70`s to mid 80's on much lower HP machines, so not very relevant today :(

I used to drag race in my earlier years but as I got older I found that it was harder to run in high heels.

Back