200 Horsepower Rocket 3 vs 100 Horsepower Thruxton R at Drag strip

I think you misunderstood me. I have almost 10K miles on a bike I bought in 2021. I ride through the mountains, through the desert roads, to work, I ride everywhere. I have only drag raced it once. Meaning drag racing isn't my top priority, not even my second or third priority. I didn't prep the bike for racing, I didn't have the best launch, I didn't try and really beat anyone. What I did try and do it have a great time and that I did. Mid controls are not as comfortable and that is why I got the GT. I sat on both and the seat to peg distance on the R was not what I wanted, hence why I got the GT.

I think you are greatly overestimating my priority of drag racing, not to mention in bracket racing, it isn't how fast you go, just how repeatable you are.
I’m not a drag racer either and I ride the mountains also. I like a strong bike and it’s fun to beat a buddy on a back road and that is all I do. Ride what is comfortable and don’t worry about track times.

You guys really know how to have fun!!
We try. I just got a used Moto Guzzi because I've always wanted one and I can't wait forever. You should meet up with us at Bonneville next August to run Rob's Rocket 3 and hopefully move the record up. I'm going to ride and finally fill my Rocket 3 bucket list.

Back