200 Horsepower Rocket 3 vs 100 Horsepower Thruxton R at Drag strip

On my plus side in the last six years and 94 drag races with seven different bikes I have never been beat by a bike with same or less power.
I believe it. I watched your launch and shifting and I recognize skill when I see it. The new Rockets have some Nannie’s that lead to poor launches. He needs to turn off TC and manage wheel spin with experience and practice.

I believe it. I watched your launch and shifting and I recognize skill when I see it. The new Rockets have some Nannie’s that lead to poor launches. He needs to turn off TC and manage wheel spin with experience and practice.
Traction control certainly does hurt getting good ETs. I believe Jeff had his TCS turned off but I'm not positive. I am pretty sure he was launching at a very low rpm which understandable you first few runs.

You might answer this question about the new Rockets. I've heard from other riders talking about the lack of feel with hydraulic clutches and launching. One of the guys riding a Zx1400R this weekend mentioned it this weekend.

Traction control certainly does hurt getting good ETs. I believe Jeff had his TCS turned off but I'm not positive. I am pretty sure he was launching at a very low rpm which understandable you first few runs.

You might answer this question about the new Rockets. I've heard from other riders talking about the lack of feel with hydraulic clutches and launching. One of the guys riding a Zx1400R this weekend mentioned it this weekend.
I think my hydraulic clutch feels pretty natural but after launch the quick shifter is very helpful resulting in super quick shifts. I’ve never had to make a harsh launch in any of my races. The bikes I’m thrashing get beat even if they get a good start.😂😂😂

I think my hydraulic clutch feels pretty natural but after launch the quick shifter is very helpful resulting in super quick shifts. I’ve never had to make a harsh launch in any of my races. The bikes I’m thrashing get beat even if they get a good start.😂😂😂
😄😄 If you mind me asking what kind of ETs canna stock new Rocket 3 run after some practice?

Our drag strip is Firebird just outside Emmett Idaho. Elevation is around 2900 feet and density of altitude range from 2800 to 4800 feet.

Read my mind 🙂🙂🙂😂😂😂

Does the new R3 have an assist/slipper clutch? It's one of the things that makes launching much more difficult on bikes that do have it.

I'll fully endorse that holding a built R3 at 3500+ish and going hard out the gate is an intimidating prospect that should be approached with care.

Back