DP exhaust... that's fast!

Finally gonna put on the ramair today. Had the DP exhaust on for a couple of weeks. Told the wifey we are getting new air filters. RamAir sounded too expensive. She loves the sound of the DP exhaust so if there is any additional intake roar, she should like that too! ;)

35 HP...sure?
As he said its the custom header in a complete system that does most of the gain over just TORs and stock header.
Outlaws MAY gain a few HP over TORs as both are free flow mufflers but Outlaw has a better cross flow pipe. On the road the Outlaws would be a little lighter too but the TORs are only 12 kg much lighter than the catted std Roadster pipes. The weight saving and power gain would be DP crossover rather than the horrible OEM cross over pipe.

Nat, did you get an idiots guide including pics when you installed your system?
I used PBs viking exhaust. He'll fabricate pretty much whatever you want. I went with single slip on. Good look and sound. Cut alot of wait tsking off old pipes.
20171018_143235.jpg

As he said its the custom header in a complete system that does most of the gain over just TORs and stock header..
AND on a modified engine already producing almost double a stock motor & revving well past the stock redline.

There can be no doubt that Bob Carpenter makes his pipes to compliment his engines. He'd be a fool not to. And a fool he is not.

For standard-ish engines I'd look at Paul Bryant or CES headers.

35 HP...sure?

Yeah this is a full exhaust system he is talking about.

The best approach on these bikes is to install a header not a bolt on muffler if one wants more HP/TQ.

The stock manifold just bottle necks exhaust flow. Bolt on mufflers is just a waste of money far as performance enhancement. Might get a tad more HP/TQ but that's it.

With a bolt on the fuel tables are bumped some but when one installs a full exhaust system that's when the fuel tables can be adjusted in a way to bring out the beast.

How much did those beauties cost you?

My suggestion if you're interested in different mufflers... slash... exhaust is talk to Paul Bryant at Viking Exhaust.

Talk to him first BEFORE you buy anything... you will be glad you did.

What you're after is not just the mufflers but a header.... open that engine up with a free flowing header! :D

Take a look at this: Mr. Bryant...

Last edited:
Back