Waconut

.060 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket Roadster, 04 Sprint RS, 66 T100R,
Finally got the video of the rocket with Paul’s exhaust and got it uploaded to YouTube. It was all recorded with my iPad so sound quality doesn’t do it justice, but will give an idea of the difference. The perspective also fails to give a good account of the difference in acceleration from stock setup. Originally put in a tune from Martin Brighten and Liked the instantaneous throttle response but it was near impossible to accelerate in first gear without spinning the rear tire lol. Fun, but not in the rain. Found another tune which was actually a modified version of Martins done by John Miller. He softened up the response below 40% throttle. A little softer than I’d like at lower settings but still gets with it when you exercise your wrist in a proper manner :)
To find it outside of the forum, search for Rocket 3 Viking exhaust in YouTube. I can’t get it to load here.

Last edited:
Is this a three into one exhaust? The reason i ask is because i have the complete three into one IMG_0733.JPG and over time and mileage it is getting louder. Prefer to keep the noise down. Don't mind the sound of the pipes but starting to think i might want to check the baffles out and see if i can replace them.

I have the same pipe and really like it except it it is pretty warm.

Yes it is
Is this a three into one exhaust? The reason i ask is because i have the complete three into one IMG_0733.JPG and over time and mileage it is getting louder. Prefer to keep the noise down. Don't mind the sound of the pipes but starting to think i might want to check the baffles out and see if i can replace them.
Its a three into two. I really like the looks of the stock manifold and the like the dual pipe setup. Had a couple of bikes with the exhaust on just one side and prefers the balanced look and sound of duals. It takes awhile, but the packing in most mufflers will eventually start to break down and get louder. This setup is nice going down the road and have been told that it sounds great and isn’t annoying to the bikes behind either :)

Is this it?

Forgot to say Thanks for getting that posted here. I’m not that good with computers. Also a big Thank You to all the help I received on this forum in getting tuneecu up and running and getting the bike remapped. I couldn’t have done it without all your help. Just a note on Johns tune, I believe Martin is now running it as well.

This system is my twin muffler slip on (to the stock header system)
Sonnys is the 3 into 1 system, header with the same (single) muffler.
Neither systems have any packing in the mufflers, I used to pack them with Fiber glass, but that burns out over time so didn't bother.
I'm sure most would agree that when just cruising on a light throttle, the sound is not at all obtrusive, get on the gas..... it could be different.

Various comments on this twin muffler onto the stock header say that this is thee best sounding system out there.

Back