Christmas came early this year...Viking exhaust recieved

MartyCA

.020 Over
Ride
2015 R3R
Thank you @Paul Bryant for the beautiful and flawless 3 into 1 Viking exhaust system. The quality is top notch. Welds are completely smooth and invisible. Now the only question is, do I throw it on and fire it up? Or install the exhaust and Ramair and wait until i can get a proper tune. I have an appointment in a few weeks to see Nels at 2wheelDynoWorks in Washingston. 15 hour drive for me in the dead of winter so I'd be towing it up there. My main concern is overheating the headers if I were to ride It without a new tune. Anyone have any insight as to the benefit of a pro tune and the value in me spending an entire weekend driving up there for the job? I spent some time recently looking up tunes on here but didnt see one with my exact options. 2015 roadster with Ramair/viking exhaust. I currently have the Lonelec cable and an android tablet/phone and a windows laptop at my disposal.

Attachments

• 20191223_130222.jpg
    20191223_130222.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 29
Who in their right mind would buy such a exhaust. Pipes are way to small for any real performance . Bet they are not very loud either? What good is that? How do you expect to burn a hole in your leg with that set up? What a joke. I bet you can't even get a burn on your levies with that exhaust system. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: That guy in New Zealand is ripping us off. Who cares if it is ceramic coated inside and out. Look at this idiot he even thought it would look good on a X IMG_0733.JPG What a joke.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: PM me for a tune.

Thank you @Paul Bryant for the beautiful and flawless 3 into 1 Viking exhaust system. The quality is top notch. Welds are completely smooth and invisible. Now the only question is, do I throw it on and fire it up? Or install the exhaust and Ramair and wait until i can get a proper tune. I have an appointment in a few weeks to see Nels at 2wheelDynoWorks in Washingston. 15 hour drive for me in the dead of winter so I'd be towing it up there. My main concern is overheating the headers if I were to ride It without a new tune. Anyone have any insight as to the benefit of a pro tune and the value in me spending an entire weekend driving up there for the job? I spent some time recently looking up tunes on here but didnt see one with my exact options. 2015 roadster with Ramair/viking exhaust. I currently have the Lonelec cable and an android tablet/phone and a windows laptop at my disposal.

You should be able to install it all, then load this tune to get you through & be the base tune for Nels proper dyno tune.

2014+ Roadster Tune

Exhaust looks beautiful. Just in time for Christmas. I think there are a couple tunes for 2014+ roadster, one from claviger and one from hanso. I think either one would work till you get to the dyno, and will give the tuner a better map to start with. Make sure to save your current map before changing anything.

Hanso had it right. The guy up in washington uses F-tables only. Not good. But what do i know? A lot more now than when i got sucked into a bad tune.

I just remembered that Christmas does come early for the Kiwis since they are East of the International Date line...I still have to wait another day. Just wish it involved one of Paul’s custom exhausts. Maybe next year. Still a few mods yet and I am playing with a set of D&D exhausts with a Viking cross-over. Nice performance, but a bit loud for my taste.

BTW, you can run with those pipes on a 12-min tune for a while, but it is recommended you wait until you can get it properly tuned so you will enjoy the bike and new exhaust without risk of fouling anything.

I just remembered that Christmas does come early for the Kiwis since they are East of the International Date line...I still have to wait another day. Just wish it involved one of Paul’s custom exhausts. Maybe next year. Still a few mods yet and I am playing with a set of D&D exhausts with a Viking cross-over. Nice performance, but a bit loud for my taste.

BTW, you can run with those pipes on a 12-min tune for a while, but it is recommended you wait until you can get it properly tuned so you will enjoy the bike and new exhaust without risk of fouling anything.
Jay I ran the 20368? nels deresricted tune (by bob) is what it says on tune ecu, (not stock 20368 it’s awful for numbers) for a long time with d and d pipes, triumph customs crossover, and ram air, I don’t know if it will work for you, but for me bike ran perfect, here are the numbers, afrs were a little north of perfect but the bike ran great and I never had any decel pop,

Attachments

• 50145177-95F5-479C-B594-12D8972F09D2.png
    50145177-95F5-479C-B594-12D8972F09D2.png
    212.6 KB · Views: 6
Congrats on the new gear! I know your anxious to run it but why? Just get it to the tuner! Can’t go wrong there. And Nels has a good reputation here. I’m sure you will be happy!

Back