does it ever end

This nitwit bloke i knew built up a Sportster engined rigid framed , springer front ended contraption years ago. I was riding beside him on my Bonnie when this death trap started bouncing all over the road... i was f#ckin horrified. The goose informed me it was just ' pogoing ' and it was nothing to be concerned about :eek:

If I am Honest :) I think what would concern me is a pendulum effect in corners and curves caused by the heavy motor being suspended from high mount points plus the front wheel Gyro effect. I think this is Hanso's side step point too.

Some how from an engineering point of view I just can't see long twisted metal linked with flat bar being substancial enough to cope with the dynamic forces created by the bulk wieight.. having said this.. I don't know what the metal stucture is ie. high tensile, chrome vanadium, titanium etc.

Maybe I am wrong here.. but just my negative point of view..

Sorry Skip :eek: I guess you will be a Rocket Test Pilot :D

I definitely appreciate all the concern guys.
Rest assured, I'll take it slow to test out the handling.
If it turns out to be like a tird in the bathwater, I'll pull it off.
But ya never know, it may be alright.
I'm hoping it is.
I figure I'll take it easy for awhile to get the feel of how she's gonna handle the curves, bumps, dirt roads, etc.
Then if she's up to the task, a couple of wheelies just to check her out and see how she does.
weather is suppose to be nice all week so I hate to do more than make the heat shields right now.
Don't really want to pull the front down till riding season is mostly over.
That way I got time, and it'll be to cold to really get up to speed for very long.
So by spring, I should be use to it, or have it back off.
This week is heat shields tho, that and riding...;)
I'll post pictures when I get the shields made,
better pictures so you guys can see what she really looks like.

This nitwit bloke i knew built up a Sportster engined rigid framed , springer front ended contraption years ago. I was riding beside him on my Bonnie when this death trap started bouncing all over the road... i was f#ckin horrified. The goose informed me it was just ' pogoing ' and it was nothing to be concerned about :eek:

Wtf lmfao don't think I'd wanna ride next to a v twin pogo bike either

Here ya go Skip. Thought I would add to your "mod" thread . I got my 50's style tribar mirror in tonight. I bought a cheap one just to try. I think I'm gonna invest in a couple of nice ones now since it only took me about 30 minutes to install this one. They are different and old school, that's for sure! How's the springer coming along?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 78
springer front ends

Gidday skip, sounds very aussie, like the pipes,wonder how theyd look wrapped. Used to ride with a bloke, mr winter, his real name was Jack, he was on a springer probarbly early 90s I was on an 80 lowrider. riding the great ocean road in Victoria back when you could, I was amazed at watching that front end work.and at how hard he was riding it. My wife was on the back and I busted her rear foot peg trying to keep up. Didnt see mr winter again,him and many others once children came into the picture, yet asked about him to an aquantaince. Was told that he was riding with an outlaw motorcyle club through Melbourne, full noise,they all took the impending roundabout, he alas did not and snapped the springer front end clean of his bike. Not sure of the relevance, just thought I would share it. cheers ScratchyDave

Mirrors look good.
Scratchy,
well I've just finished my weekend duties at work.
it's 5:30 in the morning now,
got home through the frost and fog,
so I'm thinkin' it's gonna be a GOOD day.
Hate to hear about the springer snapping off on your friend,
but, it's a gamble everytime we do something different.
Appreciate ALL the concern guys, I promise I'll be careful.
Should have the spacers/caliper holders made today or tomorrow.
It's almost December now and we're still riding,
I hate to do it, but I'm gonna tear into it this week I'm thinkin'...
should have her on and lookin' pretty,,,,, well,,,,,, as pretty as she can look....
Probably tear my front end off this evening...

Back