Do you ever get "the itch"?!

Even though I have a pretty complete stable I have found myself getting the itch again this summer. I've learned my lesson, the Rocket's not going, but I have found myself lusting after a new Kawasaki Z H2. Supercharged with 200HP at the crank, all the latest electronics including launch and cruise control on a bike with standard bike ergonomics. Reminds me of the Rocket concept - big power in a bike you can actually use. $17K is even kinda sorta a reasonable price by today's standards.

my-bike-for-all-the-money-in-the-world-not-2708671.png

Hmm @sonny have you consulted a politician yet? Clorox sounds like an option after reading the side effects of your gabapentin . ;) :whitstling::roll::roll::roll:
If you want more just tell'em you have a partial-onset seizure
Dosage for postherpetic neuralgia
Adult dosage (ages 18–64 years)

• Typical starting dosage: Day 1, 300 mg; day 2, 600 mg (300 mg two times per day, spaced evenly throughout the day); day 3, 900 mg (300 mg, three times per day, spaced evenly throughout the day). Your doctor may further increase your dosage after day 3.
  • Maximum dosage: 1,800 mg per day (600 mg, three times per day, spaced evenly throughout the day)
Dosage for partial-onset seizures

Typical starting dosage: 900 mg per day (300 mg, three times per day, spaced evenly throughout the day). Your doctor may increase your dose to 2,400–3,600 mg per day.

Some of the more common side effects that can occur with use of gabapentin are listed below, along with their rates:
  • viral infection
  • fever
  • nausea and vomiting
  • trouble speaking
  • hostility
  • jerky movements

Serious side effects
Call your doctor right away if you have serious side effects. Call 911 if your symptoms feel life-threatening or if you think you’re having a medical emergency. Serious side effects and their symptoms can include the following:
  • Changes in mood or anxiety. Symptoms can include:
    • thoughts of suicide or dying
    • attempts to commit suicide
    • anxiety that’s new or gets worse
    • crankiness that’s new or gets worse
    • restlessness
    • panic attacks
    • trouble sleeping
    • anger
    • aggressive or violent behavior
    • extreme increase in activity and talking
    • unusual changes in behavior or mood
  • Changes in behavior and thinking, especially in children ages 3 to 12 years. Symptoms can include:
    • emotional changes
    • aggressiveness
    • trouble concentrating
    • restlessness
    • changes in school performance
    • hyper behavior
  • Serious and life-threatening allergic reaction. Symptoms can include:
    • skin rashes
    • hives
    • fever
    • swollen glands that do not go away
    • swollen lips and tongue
    • yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes
    • unusual bruising or bleeding
    • severe tiredness or weakness
    • unexpected muscle pain
    • frequent infections
Gabapentin may interact with other medications

Gabapentin oral capsule can interact with several other medications. Different interactions can cause different effects. For instance, some can interfere with how well a drug works, while others can cause increased side effects.
Below is a list of medications that can interact with gabapentin. This list does not contain all drugs that may interact with gabapentin.
Before taking gabapentin, be sure to tell your doctor and pharmacist about all prescription, over-the-counter, and other drugs you take. Also tell them about any vitamins, herbs, and supplements you use. Sharing this information can help you avoid potential interactions.
If you have questions about drug interactions that may affect you, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Pain drugs
When used with gabapentin, certain pain drugs can increase its side effects, such as tiredness. Examples of these drugs include:
  • morphine
Stomach acid drugs
When used with gabapentin, certain drugs used to treat stomach acid problems can reduce the amount of gabapentin in your body. This can make it less effective. Taking gabapentin 2 hours after taking these drugs can help prevent this problem. Examples of these drugs include:
  • aluminum hydroxide
  • magnesium hydroxide
How to take gabapentin

The gabapentin dosage your doctor prescribes will depend on several factors. These include:
  • the type and severity of the condition you’re using gabapentin to treat
  • your age
  • the form of gabapentin you take
  • other medical conditions you may have
Typically, your doctor will start you on a low dosage and adjust it over time to reach the dosage that’s right for you. They’ll ultimately prescribe the smallest dosage that provides the desired effect.
The following information describes dosages that are commonly used or recommended. However, be sure to take the dosage your doctor prescribes for you. Your doctor will determine the best dosage to suit your needs.
Forms and strengths
Generic: Gabapentin
  • Form: oral capsule
  • Strengths: 100 mg, 300 mg, 400 mg

Special considerations
Kidney problems: If you are older than 12 years and have kidney problems or are on hemodialysis, your dose of gabapentin will need to be changed. This will be based on how well your kidneys are working.

Gabapentin warnings

Gabapentin oral capsule comes with several warnings. Call your doctor if you start having more seizures or a different kind of seizure while taking this drug.
Drowsiness warning
Gabapentin can slow your thinking and motor skills and cause drowsiness and dizziness. It’s not known how long these effects last. You should not drive or use heavy machinery while taking this drug until you know how it affects you.
Depression warning
Using this drug increases your risk of suicidal thoughts and behavior. Talk to your doctor if you feel depressed or notice any changes in your mood or behavior. Also talk to your doctor if you are having thoughts of harming yourself, including suicide.
Multiorgan hypersensitivity/DRESS warning
This medication can cause multiorgan hypersensitivity. This is also known as a drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms (DRESS). This syndrome can be life-threatening. Call your doctor right away if you have symptoms such as a rash, a fever, or swollen lymph nodes.
Allergy warning
Gabapentin can cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms can include:
  • trouble breathing
  • swelling of your throat or tongue
  • hives
  • rash
Don’t take this drug again if you have ever had an allergic reaction to it before. Taking it a second time after any allergic reaction to it could be fatal (cause death).
Alcohol interaction warning
Avoid drinking alcohol while taking gabapentin. Gabapentin can cause sleepiness, and drinking alcohol can make you even more sleepy. Alcohol can also make you more likely to feel dizzy and have trouble concentrating.

I had the itch too, thought my RR3 was not comfortable enough. So I tested a honda gold wing with the dct tranny, it was a total disappointment in the power department and the dct up shifted way to fast to 7th gear and wouldn't shift down when I twisted the throttle. It was like riding a scooter. So then I thought, why not go for a big cruizer, read up on the Indian Challenger, said hmmm, seems like it could be something. Well it wasn''t for me, lacking power, no excitement, didn't dare lean her over and I didn't like the frame mounted fairing.
So as I ride my Rocket I get the feeling I need from her, twist and go and she handles quite nicely. I seriously don't see any competition that suits me. I also would like to see triumph revert back to a standard rocket design with the new engine, classic gauges, better suspension, and make so 2 people can ride comfortabley. But really, it would have to be something very special to pry my Rocket away from me.

Hmm @sonny have you consulted a politician yet? Clorox sounds like an option after reading the side effects of your gabapentin . ;) :whitstling::roll::roll::roll:
If you want more just tell'em you have a partial-onset seizure
Dosage for postherpetic neuralgia

• Typical starting dosage: Day 1, 300 mg; day 2, 600 mg (300 mg two times per day, spaced evenly throughout the day); day 3, 900 mg (300 mg, three times per day, spaced evenly throughout the day). Your doctor may further increase your dosage after day 3.
  • Maximum dosage: 1,800 mg per day (600 mg, three times per day, spaced evenly throughout the day)
Dosage for partial-onset seizures

Typical starting dosage: 900 mg per day (300 mg, three times per day, spaced evenly throughout the day). Your doctor may increase your dose to 2,400–3,600 mg per day.

Some of the more common side effects that can occur with use of gabapentin are listed below, along with their rates:
  • viral infection
  • fever
  • nausea and vomiting
  • trouble speaking
  • hostility
  • jerky movements

Serious side effects
Call your doctor right away if you have serious side effects. Call 911 if your symptoms feel life-threatening or if you think you’re having a medical emergency. Serious side effects and their symptoms can include the following:
  • Changes in mood or anxiety. Symptoms can include:
    • thoughts of suicide or dying
    • attempts to commit suicide
    • anxiety that’s new or gets worse
    • crankiness that’s new or gets worse
    • restlessness
    • panic attacks
    • trouble sleeping
    • anger
    • aggressive or violent behavior
    • extreme increase in activity and talking
    • unusual changes in behavior or mood
  • Changes in behavior and thinking, especially in children ages 3 to 12 years. Symptoms can include:
    • emotional changes
    • aggressiveness
    • trouble concentrating
    • restlessness
    • changes in school performance
    • hyper behavior
  • Serious and life-threatening allergic reaction. Symptoms can include:
    • skin rashes
    • hives
    • fever
    • swollen glands that do not go away
    • swollen lips and tongue
    • yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes
    • unusual bruising or bleeding
    • severe tiredness or weakness
    • unexpected muscle pain
    • frequent infections
Gabapentin may interact with other medications

Gabapentin oral capsule can interact with several other medications. Different interactions can cause different effects. For instance, some can interfere with how well a drug works, while others can cause increased side effects.
Below is a list of medications that can interact with gabapentin. This list does not contain all drugs that may interact with gabapentin.
Before taking gabapentin, be sure to tell your doctor and pharmacist about all prescription, over-the-counter, and other drugs you take. Also tell them about any vitamins, herbs, and supplements you use. Sharing this information can help you avoid potential interactions.
If you have questions about drug interactions that may affect you, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Pain drugs
When used with gabapentin, certain pain drugs can increase its side effects, such as tiredness. Examples of these drugs include:
  • morphine
Stomach acid drugs
When used with gabapentin, certain drugs used to treat stomach acid problems can reduce the amount of gabapentin in your body. This can make it less effective. Taking gabapentin 2 hours after taking these drugs can help prevent this problem. Examples of these drugs include:
  • aluminum hydroxide
  • magnesium hydroxide
How to take gabapentin

The gabapentin dosage your doctor prescribes will depend on several factors. These include:
  • the type and severity of the condition you’re using gabapentin to treat
  • your age
  • the form of gabapentin you take
  • other medical conditions you may have
Typically, your doctor will start you on a low dosage and adjust it over time to reach the dosage that’s right for you. They’ll ultimately prescribe the smallest dosage that provides the desired effect.
The following information describes dosages that are commonly used or recommended. However, be sure to take the dosage your doctor prescribes for you. Your doctor will determine the best dosage to suit your needs.
Forms and strengths
Generic: Gabapentin
  • Form: oral capsule
  • Strengths: 100 mg, 300 mg, 400 mg

Special considerations
Kidney problems: If you are older than 12 years and have kidney problems or are on hemodialysis, your dose of gabapentin will need to be changed. This will be based on how well your kidneys are working.

Gabapentin warnings

Gabapentin oral capsule comes with several warnings. Call your doctor if you start having more seizures or a different kind of seizure while taking this drug.
Drowsiness warning
Gabapentin can slow your thinking and motor skills and cause drowsiness and dizziness. It’s not known how long these effects last. You should not drive or use heavy machinery while taking this drug until you know how it affects you.
Depression warning
Using this drug increases your risk of suicidal thoughts and behavior. Talk to your doctor if you feel depressed or notice any changes in your mood or behavior. Also talk to your doctor if you are having thoughts of harming yourself, including suicide.
Multiorgan hypersensitivity/DRESS warning
This medication can cause multiorgan hypersensitivity. This is also known as a drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms (DRESS). This syndrome can be life-threatening. Call your doctor right away if you have symptoms such as a rash, a fever, or swollen lymph nodes.
Allergy warning
Gabapentin can cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms can include:
  • trouble breathing
  • swelling of your throat or tongue
  • hives
  • rash
Don’t take this drug again if you have ever had an allergic reaction to it before. Taking it a second time after any allergic reaction to it could be fatal (cause death).
Alcohol interaction warning
Avoid drinking alcohol while taking gabapentin. Gabapentin can cause sleepiness, and drinking alcohol can make you even more sleepy. Alcohol can also make you more likely to feel dizzy and have trouble concentrating.
Bad stuff. I'm maxed out at 1800 mg's a day. No thoughts of suicide but I'm kind of aggressive by nature and these pills are not making it any better.

Had the itch when I had my vtx1800. Loved that bike, rumble, appearance, but did want a taller bike. Saw the specs first, pics. Thought I would just go to dealer and look at it, sit on it. Test ride I thought how effortless compared to the honda was most striking difference. Loved appearance. Honda has a bunch of noise letting you know working hard, good power. R3 is much more power, less effort. Handling is sooo easy in comparison. Bells and whistles are xtras. Honda like driving a tractor in comparison.

Back