Do you ever get "the itch"?!

germ79

The Guy That Asks All The Questions
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster
So, I get "the itch" every few years and I think I want a different motorcycle. I took my R3R out of the garage yesterday along with the plethora of accessories I have for it and took pictures to potentially list it for sale. My kids asked if I was selling it and I told them, "I'm not sure. Sometimes you just have to go through the motions like you are GOING to sell it and then you realize you still want it."

Well, I took the pics and then went to the Indian dealership today to test ride the Scout Bobber and the Indian Chief. The Bobber was decent fun and really easy to ride, but I just didn't love it like I thought I would. The Chief had the nice v-twin rumble that I miss, but it was SUPER cramped for me and the power was just SO lacking compared to my R3R. I was surprised I didn't love one or both of the Indians like I was expecting to.

Anyway, I thanked the salesman for his time, hopped back on my R3R,
IMG_9884.jpeg
IMG_9881.jpeg
IMG_9879.jpeg
IMG_9864.jpeg
and rode it home with renewed thankfulness and peace.

Just thought I'd share. As far as I'm concerned it's the best possible outcome! Attached are a few of the pics I took to sell it. :)

Yeah I do. Nice story and the bike looks great. Last time I got the itch was when I bought my rocket. I think part of owning a motorcycle isn't just riding, it's customizing, searching online, cleaning and maintenance, and sometimes you run out of things to do and get bored. I'm looking to add to the garage, not replace anything, so looking more at used bikes, that I can make my own.

Well I’ve recently bought the new TFC so that itch is temporarily gone so I go a new itch for another watch.:rolleyes::roll:

I own the same year model and color Rocket that you took lovely pictures of. I have not even had a whim of selling that thing. It’s here for the long haul.:thumbsup:

Nah, but an acquaintance did. He had a big night at the 'Cross in the late 70's after playing ice hockey for a hick Canberra team in Sydney and the next morning after an itch and self examination used a can of Mortein on himself and reckoned he had fixed the little buggers. ;) :cool::roll:

Nah, but an acquaintance did. He had a big night at the 'Cross in the late 70's after playing ice hockey for a hick Canberra team in Sydney and the next morning after an itch and self examination used a can of Mortein on himself and reckoned he had fixed the little buggers. ;) :cool::roll:
I was waiting for this!

When I was a young and dumb lad we would buddy up with the medical corman so we could get penicillin shots before going on liberty. My wife cured me of that and a lot of what might have been labled typical sailor stuff :)
She's 1000 miles away so all I can say is its 0944 and I'm breaking into the mason jar it keeps things sterile :)

Back