Do TORS Really Make A Difference?

Bedifferent

Old man on a bike
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
I had a chance to meet up with a fellow Rocketeer @Chip this past Friday in Colon, Mi. We had a good visit for a couple hours and I took him a set of my wind deflectors I have been selling. I had a chance to listen to the TORS he had on his bike and liked the note they sang. Deeper and more throaty in my opinion, but not ostentatiously so.

I'm currently running the Power-Tripp tune on a stock R3T bike with no other changes and have enjoy the extra and smoother performance that tuning has brought to the game. I'm really not interested in doing the Ram Air, but I would do a K&N and a set of TORS.

My question is...do the TORS really make a difference or is it more psychological with the nicer exhaust note? Chip seemed to feel his bike performed better with the TORS over the stock exhaust but he also has a different tune as I recall. It's a lot of money for a small bump, but I did like the sound. To buy or not to buy...that is the question??

Those of you who run what I am thinking about running, what do you think about your bikes performance?

I believe they make a difference.

First of all they are lighter, the stock ones have the catalytic converters in them so right away you are lighter. They flow better which makes the engine breath better, not much but a little bit. I never did a dyno on my stock R3T but swapping out the stock exhaust for the TORs and a new tune gave me 120.9 hp and 145.45 ft/lbs of torque. I believe that is a pretty good improvement over the stock version.

I loaded the de-restricting tune posted here on a friends 2008 R3T and he was pretty well impressed, and he did not do TORs or any other mods.

Buy them, you won't be disappointed.

bob

This was posted on the book of faces the other day. Not a bad price (200 dollars) depending on shipping, he is in CA. Not sure if TORs or not, it sounds like they may be.

upload_2017-3-26_16-42-25.png

image.jpeg
I believe they make a difference.

First of all they are lighter, the stock ones have the catalytic converters in them so right away you are lighter. They flow better which makes the engine breath better, not much but a little bit. I never did a dyno on my stock R3T but swapping out the stock exhaust for the TORs and a new tune gave me 120.9 hp and 145.45 ft/lbs of torque. I believe that is a pretty good improvement over the stock version.

I loaded the de-restricting tune posted here on a friends 2008 R3T and he was pretty well impressed, and he did not do TORs or any other mods.

Buy them, you won't be disappointed.

bob

I believe this was the Dyno post I copied that was posted with the tune.

Here is my dyno run sheet, the blue lines are with TORs. The red lines are with TORS and RamAir. IMO, the RamAir is worth every penny. Where else can you get 1 hp for approximately 10 bucks. It may not as good a deal now, but when I bought the RamAir it was. Even so gaining 11 hp for 150 bucks is a good deal. Horsepower usually costs more money than that. ;) From this point I know that for me to get more I will probably be looking at putting out much more money that 100 dollars. :(

bob

My 2 Cts OldMan
During my short experience with a stock 2007 classic adding stuff.
Stock air box K&N, no effect.
CAT delete bypass, pricy but sound much better. Performance about the same.
TORS... wooo. Nice note. Considerable improvement just with a 12 minute reset.
Installed a HansO tune. Totally changed the bike. For my skills, too much. The best that the bike has ever felt to me.

Had ordered the RamAir kit so, installed that. Still working on the tune. The install required adjusting the TPS and I might have messed up the front TPS and stepper motor settings in the process.

I'm my opinion, try working with the K&N and find a set of TORS for a decent price, they are worth it. Specially if you like the stock looks of your bike.

Any time an engine breaths better it will have more power. You have to improve exhaust first, before you improve induction. If you do both..... wow, yea. A difference you will feel! Of course, you have to add a proper tune to the extra air coming in/going out or you will be running too lean ;)

TORS will help a-lot IF you also do the K&N pods or RamAir intake AND get a dyno-tune!

I had a chance to meet up with a fellow Rocketeer @Chip this past Friday in Colon, Mi. We had a good visit for a couple hours and I took him a set of my wind deflectors I have been selling. I had a chance to listen to the TORS he had on his bike and liked the note they sang. Deeper and more throaty in my opinion, but not ostentatiously so.

I'm currently running the Power-Tripp tune on a stock R3T bike with no other changes and have enjoy the extra and smoother performance that tuning has brought to the game. I'm really not interested in doing the Ram Air, but I would do a K&N and a set of TORS.

My question is...do the TORS really make a difference or is it more psychological with the nicer exhaust note? Chip seemed to feel his bike performed better with the TORS over the stock exhaust but he also has a different tune as I recall. It's a lot of money for a small bump, but I did like the sound. To buy or not to buy...that is the question??

Those of you who run what I am thinking about running, what do you think about your bikes performance?
I just today installed a (HansO slightly tweaked) TUNEECU with all stock silencers...I only changed the tie in box pipe with a Paul Bryant free flow crossover pipe on stock header... This was the most performance gaining bang for the buck modification I decided on for me after reading alot of these forum threads. "Blue" is still as quiet as it was... with no notable tone or volume changes..But HUGE performance gains. So if Silent and Deadly is your M.O. ...it's an excellent option...
The answer...my advice is get what you like when you can...and enjoy it... while there is time!

Back