Decel Poping ?

biker1059

Turbocharged
Ride
Rocket GT
Just got my Tuneboy last week and loaded 20050-2. I'm running TORs and bypass with a stock filter. I'm getting alot of decel popping. Is there a better or more recent tune that will fix this or do I need to just fatten up the lower L tables. I'm still have the O2 sensor on but that will be removed next week. Thanks for any suggestions

Just got my Tuneboy last week and loaded 20050-2. I'm running TORs and bypass with a stock filter. I'm getting alot of decel popping. Is there a better or more recent tune that will fix this or do I need to just fatten up the lower L tables. I'm still have the O2 sensor on but that will be removed next week. Thanks for any suggestions

Try this:

Link Removed

You still need to get the PCIII O2 adaptor. Also, while you're at it, raise the idle to 850 rpm.

Dougl, is this a tune? or is it something to fatten up the L tables? I'm at work and cannot open it or save it. Thanks

You can use this to give you an idea of where to fatten it up.

Link Removed

You might research the 20050_2 tune further. I am not sure it is for a stock intake.

Would the 20226 be more in line of what I need to start with? By the way thanks for the help, I'm new at this.

Dougl, is this a tune? or is it something to fatten up the L tables? I'm at work and cannot open it or save it. Thanks

This tune was made by Wayne on a bike with TORs and cat bypass.We fattened up the L in the relevant areas for decel poppin. Adding the PCIII O2 adaptor will keep the ECU from adapting. If you still get popping with this tune, compare the L tables in Pigr9r's 10/15 tune in Trading tunes. If the values are lower, jack them up incrementally in those areas of the table where we changed them, say 5% at a time and see if the popping is reduced.

I have the Dyna Jet O2 eliminator on order, is this the same as the PC III adapter?
I went in and fattened up the areas as shown in the chart, pink area 15% and the yellow area 10%. I could not change the 0 or bottom row, tuneboy would not let me do it. Mine reads 0 across the bottom row instead of 610. Is this a problem? I'll ride it in the morning and let you know the results or even load the other tune and see which one I like the best. Again thanks for the help

Ok, rode to work this morning after adjusting the L tables and the bike sounds and runs great. Still had a little gurgling at around 1500 rpm but it didn't sound like a shotgun war anymore. I'm still wandering why I can't adjust the bottom row from 0. I also noticed the tune that dougl posted had different values on the L tables. Shouldn't all three cylinders be the same?

Ok, rode to work this morning after adjusting the L tables and the bike sounds and runs great. Still had a little gurgling at around 1500 rpm but it didn't sound like a shotgun war anymore. I'm still wandering why I can't adjust the bottom row from 0. I also noticed the tune that dougl posted had different values on the L tables. Shouldn't all three cylinders be the same?

The cylinders aren't the same. I got these tables from Wayne. Wayne put in the values of 610, etc. in the bottom row. You do this by highlighting the cells you want to change and hitting "page up" to raise the numbers.

Back