garyculb

.020 Over
Looking for the Datatool S4 Dealers manual. PDF file prefered. It was on line at their site but was recently removed. Datatool supplies the OEM alarm for the Rocket III. The alarm has a nasty habit of turning on 45 seconds after you turn off your bike. When you arm the alarm only the lights flash. The user manual is of little assistance. Thanks, :eek:

Gary

If you figure out the riddle of the alarm, please post. The manual is very brief, and I've read over it again and again, and I don't see any way to disable that auto-rearm function

As I understand it, there are two buttons on the key fob. One is round, the other is oval. The round button turns the alarm on and off, but when you turn it off, it rearms after 30 seconds. The oval button turns the motion sensor on and off. There's a service mode activated by turning off the alarm with the ignition turned on, something like that; it disables the alarm but beeps every 15 seconds.

I would just like a way to disarm the bike when I run into a store, or step off the bike for more than 30 seconds.

Datatool S4

This why we need the Dealers Manual for the Datatool S4. I got to see this Manual and it is extremely helpful. Hopefully someone will post it as a PDF file. Attempting to call the Dealer or Datatool has been a waist of time.

Gary

Datatool S4

Got the DataTool S4 Series Training (Dealer) Manual. This is all it is really good for...
When working on the bike.. Place it on Winter mode by:
-Turn off alarm-Disarm
-Insert key and start bike- Turn ignition on
-Press both keys (Gray and BlacK) at the same time for 10 seconds until you hear a beep
-Turn the ignition off
-Now you are in winter mode
-Next time you start your bike/ Turn the ignition on the alarm will automatically rearm. You will a series of increasing rate beeps. Last about 5 seconds

Want your Arm/ Disarm tones On; When you arm or disarm this feature will allow for a tone and parking lights will flash indicating arming or disarming. EU regulations do not allow this feature to be active so it is shipped off. Check your local area for regulations.
-Get to software switch section
-Select software switch 6 by pressing both buttons of the remote until you hear 6 beeps. Then a triple beep will be heard and the LED will be off.
-Press the Grey button to turn tones On and the LED will change to On. If you want to turn the tones Off, press the Black button of the remote control when switch 6 has been entered and the LED will be Off.
-Once you have made the adjustment press both buttons of the remote to exit switch 6. This returns you to the software switch selection.
-If the arming tones are enabled the system will give an audible tone to coincide with the indicator flashes. If the system is put in the ferry mode a lower tone will be heard as the black button is pressed within 10 seconds of arming via the Grey button to confirm movement sensor deletion.
-If the arm/ disarm tones are enabled it is still possible for the driver to arm. disarm the system silently on a one-off basis by pressing the Black button of the remote just prior to pressing the gray button to arm/ disarm.

Now if that doesn’t fry your brain nothing will!!

Gary:bch:

I've exchanged a few e-mails with Datatool about their System 3 alarm (the Triumph factory alarm for Rocket III). They say that the workaround for the autoarm feature is to ground the yellow wire. That way the alarm works ONLY as an immobilizer (no motion detection). They wouldn't provide instructions — they say that only dealers are privy to those. My alarm was installed by the dealer. Anyone know where the wiring loom is? Thanks.

i have a wirediagram pdf installation for the datatool system 4 c1 and c221 !!

hi i have a pdf with installation and color codes for a easy installation for the datatool system 4 c1 and c221 !! just pm me and ill forward it adamtjjones@hotmail.co.uk thanks hope this helps :~)

Looking for the Datatool S4 Dealers manual. PDF file prefered. It was on line at their site but was recently removed. Datatool supplies the OEM alarm for the Rocket III. The alarm has a nasty habit of turning on 45 seconds after you turn off your bike. When you arm the alarm only the lights flash. The user manual is of little assistance. Thanks, :eek:

Gary

Not sure what your trying to do Gary, but when I want to work on the bike I just put the alarm in ferry mode & so far I've had no problems. I know it can be completely disabled but can't remember how it's done, if you really need it I'll try & find it.

Datatool manuals

I didn't see these posted before, so sorry if duplicate.

I have the intall guide (too big to attach due to forum restrictions) and
the switch guide (attached here).

If needed, mail me at: dave@reynolds.name and I'll send the install guide.

Thx
Dave

Attachments

• s4_software_switches_pin_override.pdf
    98.4 KB · Views: 669
Back