Datatool 3 anti-tamper switch under tank

nickneale

Nick N
Ride
2004 Rocket 3
Hi,

After a couple of chats with Scorpion (I guess they own Datatool now) it appears my sensor is faulty, as I find it difficult to dis-arm, and impossible to get into Service mode.
I'm planning on removing the alarm, but have a question before I start annoying the neighbours....

Can somebody post a picture showing where the anti-tamper switch under the tank is please?
Is it easy to tape down so I can work under the tank without activating the alarm?

Thanks,

Nick
2004 Rocket III

Hi,

After a couple of chats with Scorpion (I guess they own Datatool now) it appears my sensor is faulty, as I find it difficult to dis-arm, and impossible to get into Service mode.
I'm planning on removing the alarm, but have a question before I start annoying the neighbours....

Can somebody post a picture showing where the anti-tamper switch under the tank is please?
Is it easy to tape down so I can work under the tank without activating the alarm?

Thanks,

Nick
2004 Rocket III
what alarm do you have? I have scorpion alarm on my bike and do not know of this anti tamper thing you speak of

Maybe the older ones are different, but on the latest (S4) version for all Rockets except Tourings, the switch is a limit switch and is under the seat, on the left side;

20200606_145715.jpg

Plus if you don't set the alarm on it, i.e. just let it do it's thing and set itself, it actually just sets the immobiliser and a few bits, but not the alarm and you can take the seat off, wheel bike around, fuel up etc without the alarm going off.

On the latest Touring model (S4 also) the switch is a reed switch under the tank. According to the instructions that came with mine anyway...

20200606_145904.jpg

If you can get the part number of your alarm, you can download the installation instructions here and see what the deal with it is.

https://www.triumphinstructions.com/

Back