Dark side insurance Q's

They will if you have an off and have to claim. That's what damage assessors are for. To find things you CANNOT claim for.

I can also pretty much guarantee that some will refuse pay-outs based on E-Max's and weird fronts. The vehicle mfr can walk away. The tyre mfr can walk away. If not declared to the Insurance C° they can maybe walk away (depending on the legal regulations regarding 3rd Party damage).

This has SFA to do with legality, safety or any other thing. Insurance is a private contract twixt two parties. Break the terms of the contract - you're stuffed.

ime - The law/rules/expectations of citizens vary from country to country. The rules for making money however are pretty universal.

I have now had the "privilege" of watching insurance companies try and wriggle out of coughing up several times.
One in Germany (their client hit me) probably still has me on their "O shyte, not him again!" list after almost 30 years.
I was lucky to have 3 aces up my sleeve. I didn't know I had mind you. It just worked out that way.

Do they act the same way with automobiles? Zero mods or you're stuffed?

_8538.jpg 17570-r13-llanta-antares-ingens-a1-82t-D_NQ_NP_920425-MLM25416528790_032017-F.jpg
Replacement for the 225/60/16 Sumitomo.
Antares A-1 215/60/16. 51$ Runflat tyre! This is to ride to Jacksonville. Perhaps try to make IronButt. No need to trash an Exedra for that.

I'll hide out in @Ishrub s back shed ..... never to be found or seen again, under box's of Rocket 3 bits. I'm not worried about Swat, CIA, ASIO, MI5 ..... its the clerks from Insurance Companies that really scare me.

Last year I was on a boat on the Mekong River. Three couples .... that's all, fairly exclusive .... great food .... Long Island Iced Teas ..... my wife and I are both Mental Health Professionals .... fairly stable types:coffee::inlove:eek::mad: In conversation we found that 3 out of the four others worked in Risk Management for Insurance Companies. Scared the hell out of me.
On a river in the Cambodian Jungle with a group of Risk Managers ..... I was sure I had gone to Hell:evil::evil::evil:

Could be worse. In a string theory universe somewhere you could be Mr. Testiculo! ;):D:roll::roll::roll::roll:

525cca098c3ce.jpeg

No. I was driving too fast on a back road and came up over a small hill. To my surprise there was a stop sign within 100'. And as I said, I was going too fast. I couldn't stop. I locked up the back tire and started to lay it down. I was still going 50 or more and the bike bounced to a stop. She was a total loss. That was May 1st last year. I had my new (2012) rocket on June 1st.

Back