Cycle trader and the Rocket TFC

I think you are right. But I dont think they can negotiate that price. Look at the thruxtons. Still sitting and still 21500

If TFCs and Thruxton's are just hanging around random dealerships, they will sooner or later have to start making deals, especially when the new models arrive.

Yeah, some of these guys always have to have the latest and greatest. Every new bike comes along and they get excited, run out and put a deposit down. Then that bike is considered "sold". Then another bike catches their eye and they change their mind and pull their deposit and rush to put it down on another bike. And then that bike becomes available and is listed for sale. It happens.

Exactly. I have a deposit on a TFC that I I doubt I'll claim. Its fully refundable and will get refunded. Just hedging my bets in case the TFC is more spectacular than I could imagine.:)

It's very common for a manufacturer to proclaim a bike sold out when their dealers have ordered all they plan to make of that run. It does not mean final customers have bought them all. The first Indian Scouts are a good example of this. Polaris proclaimed them all sold relatively early in the year and my closest dealer still had 10 of them on the sales floor at the end of August, and come winter there was a 0% for 72 month incentive on them to get them out the door.
Didn't I read on this site the regular run of R3s will be sold first instead of TFCs as originally planned because Triumph didn't catch a faulty kickstand bolt prior to shipping the TFC?

Regarding the TFC and other expensive bikes, I know this sounds like another "walked barefoot uphill in the snow to school" stories, but here in Washington after taxes, etc., that TFC will cost more OTD than I paid for the house I live in. Yes, I know all about inflation, blah blah blah, but I still think it colors my perception of value for my dollar.

OTOH... I paid around AUD27K on-road for my first Rocket in 2004, and the GT now is AUD30,900 OTR.

Not too shabby for 15 years later........

(Have to concede that a new Camry is mid-20's tho!!! But I don't want a new Camry.....)
All I gathered from this is you like the new camry

Back