Cover of the Rolling Stone

It doesn't look bad, but it is similar to the Vulcan as far as asthetics. The bags do not look like the Vulcan as the Vulcan bags open up from the side out not from the top (similar to a Harley though).

The engine looks the same but the instrument pod does look like a Harley or anything in the Vulcan series possibly even like the Yammies (though I haven't seen one in a while).

The headlight basically took out it's soul...bad decision on Triumph's part.

The Gold Wing is gone but I still have the Rocket till it sells and that could be awhile and if I get a new job (yes Flip... I am leaving Sears) I may end up keeping it after all. Since the wife couldn't ride on the Gold Wing it had to go...grudgingly but it was traded in on (along with my Ford Focus) a 2008 Mustang "California Special" GT.
Dennis

Since when does the wife play a part in your bike collection?? I have 2.5 bikes and my wife don't ride at all.

I'm obviously the odd man out here, but I'm glad to see Triumph expanding the brand. To me I see their changing up things on a different R3 option as smart. It'll pull more diversified riders into the fold. More riders means more money and possibly means more R&D dollars for more parts for our models. Also there might be some parts on this new model that will bolt on to our original R3s. That means options. That exhaust might look good with a fat 240 between it. And those hard bags would be nice, especially if they are QD. When Hardley introduces new models their riders embrace them and all the new riders along with them. I think we should do the same as we are going to see new guys on the forum with this R3. So..if you don't like it, don't buy it, but don't hate on Triumph.
Both of my 2 cents.

Hey Flip, it's just that I got the Gold Wing specifically so that my wife could ride with me. I'm not ruling out a future Gold Wing in my future but I decided that I wanted the Mustang more than I needed the Gold Wing right now and with trading in the Focus ( a good car mileage wise) I got the car I wanted all along (having traded in my 2004 Mustang 40th Anniversary Special Edition so that my son could have a car and the tradeoff being I would get a Gold Wing out of the deal).

The wife can't ride the Rocket either but depending what her prognosis is (tests and results should be coming in around the 24th of the month) I may still keep the Rocket for sale or, with the new job, just go ahead and keep it.

By the way got a call in from KBR to go to Iraq, as much as I don't mind going over there the wife said something about a divorce...so I guess I'll have to find something better to work at and stay home.
Dennis

Cuttin' Two Long Stories Short

don't forget that Triumph is older than Harley

The original Triumph Cycle (as in BIcycle) Company was founded in the late 1800's by a German citizen , Siegfried Bettman. The name "Triumph" was chosen because the name "Bettman Bicycle" was felt to carry little commercial resonance (vintage english-english at its best, no?;))

The first Triumph MOTORcycle, produced in 1902, was, in essence, a Minerva 239cc engine sourced from Belgium, grafted into a mostly british, bicycle-derived chassis.

Harley, now: Most (but not all) historians say that the brand began to exist in Sep. 1900. But they all concur to say that 1903 was the year the first ever Harley-Davidson motorcycle reached the marketplace.

So, yes, even with such caveats, Triumph is older than HD.

Except that I feel younger riding a Triumph;) Jamie

Thats what I always dream of In a womman...Oh them PIIIPES.. They look like the stacks on one of your tractors..BTW flip, how heavy are those stacks,wanta try a new look on spike...Crazy Jack. Chrome PIPEES Yeaaaa

Jack:

They ain't heavy. Just get your wall thickness down. Just like the header on the R3. Thin as tissue paper and glowing at night.....

3-10" diameter straight triple chromed stacks....come on baby......

Finally some pictures for the keyboard challenged:) I like everything about it except the price tag. And the skinny rear tire. No doubt a means to re-tune it will be necessary to restore the choked back power.

Back