Comfort Touring Suspension Pack

dougl

Living Legend
Ride
2007 R3 Classic
Has anyone bought the Triumph "Comfort Touring Suspension Pack" shocks?

I don't know about a suspension 'pack', but I have the Triumph Comfort shocks and I really like them. I found them new and cheap on Ebay so I thought I would give them a try. I was using Progressive 412s, but I like the Comfort shocks much better. They look identical to the stock shocks, but they sure ride MUCH better..

I don't know about a suspension 'pack', but I have the Triumph Comfort shocks and I really like them. I found them new and cheap on Ebay so I thought I would give them a try. I was using Progressive 412s, but I like the Comfort shocks much better. They look identical to the stock shocks, but they sure ride MUCH better..

Yes, Triumph comfort shocks. Do you ride 2-up? What preload setting do you use? I can't believe my Progressive 418's bottom out with me (170 lbs) and my wife (130 lbs) on the middle preload.

Along these same lines - if I load just under 400 lbs between me, my wife and gear - do I need to change the suspension from the stock for the r3 touring?

Along these same lines - if I load just under 400 lbs between me, my wife and gear - do I need to change the suspension from the stock for the r3 touring?

Depends. Does it bottom or top out? Or is it too stiff (bumpy)? The big issue for most people who changed from stock was that it was too stiff.

I rode mainly one up and I was looking for something less stiff - I was too light to move the stock shock, although I thought the stock shock handled fine. I did get stiffer front springs. The stock ones are too soft IMO.

Maybe if I increase the preload on my Progressive 418's one notch, it won't bottom out with my wife on the back. It also has a dampening adjustment which I haven't played around with.

The stock shocks were too stiff for just about any load I ever put on my bike.. and had no damping.. Kind of like two stiff pogo sticks on the back.

With the Progressive 412s were too soft but had some damping. I was running on the highest preload setting all the time. I weigh about 185 and my wife weighs about 155. Riding two up, they would bottom out on most any major bump..

With the Triumph Comfort shocks, I run the lowest pre-load setting when riding by myself, and even leave it there for running two up for short distances. If we were to go 2 up for extended rides loaded with luggage, I'd probably bump it up to setting 3.

Back