Confirm Brake Levers? '07 Riii 'Touring'

If it is a 2007 it is not a Touring, it is actually a Classic with bags, aka Tourer. That may help you in your search for the right part. It was a one year only model until the Touring came out in 2008.

bob

Thanks, I'm almost certain that it has a different brake master setup on this bike than most I've seen.
RH controls are separate to the Brake Master - I've seen most with an integrated Master / controls.

Oh, and this is called a 'Touring' - Maybe an Australia thing?

1691897446936.png

Have been back out to the garage, and measured some things.

The Lever should have a 12mm pivot bolt slot . . (See pic)

IMG_6842.jpeg

And Master Cylinder has a 5/8 bore (Cast into the body underneath - couldnt get a photo)

I'm starting to think that replacing the Master might be the best option at this point.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm almost certain that it has a different brake master setup on this bike than most I've seen.
RH controls are separate to the Brake Master - I've seen most with an integrated Master / controls.

Oh, and this is called a 'Touring' - Maybe an Australia thing?
Oh yeah, your bike is definitely a Touring, its just not a 2007. The Touring model was introduced as a 2008 model. Now of course, many 2008 models were manufactured in late 2007 but all were sold as 2008 models.

You never know.......Doesn't his toilet spin the other way?.......Maybe his dealer sold one a little early.....:roll::roll::laugh::laugh:

I suppose anything is possible. I bought mine in April and was told it was the first one sold in Phoenix. Certainly not the first one in the US, but the first dealer sightings on the forum were around February I think. Regardless, I don't think any could (or should) have been sold as 2007's.

Evidently, someone out there has a 2006 touring😂😂😂😂

Attachments

• IMG_7116.jpeg
    IMG_7116.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7115.jpeg
    IMG_7115.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 5
Evidently, someone out there has a 2006 touring😂😂😂😂

Well, those look like the panniers I have fitted . . .

If it helps, this is my VIN.. SMTTLC35358336936, and my compliance is 12/2007 (Australian compliance plate - December 2007)

edit - from Wikipedia

1691976551148.png

Back