Hanso and I will be passing through Yass around 8am. Anyone else travelling to Jakandandah at that time let us know.
0412 166 022

I have never met cobba other than on this forum, so very sad and I do wish the very best for the family in the toughest of times.
RIP COBBA, you will be missed.

Richard and Myself have safely made it home the turnout for Cobba's Funeral was amazing the tiny town of Yackandandah's population just about doubled, It was a moving ceremony, followed by a BIG night at the Pub, I think we finally staggered to bed around 1am, I'll let Richard fill you in on the rest

Richard and Myself have safely made it home the turnout for Cobba's Funeral was amazing the tiny town of Yackandandah's population just about doubled, It was a moving ceremony, followed by a BIG night at the Pub, I think we finally staggered to bed around 1am, I'll let Richard fill you in on the rest
Glad you made it home safely:)

Cobba was a very well liked man and leaves behind a wife and 4 children, 4 siblings and his parents. He also leaves a community and large circle of friends with nothing but good things to say about him. It was a very moving experience.

We arrived at the Yackandandah Hotel where we were staying and met up with a couple of others who'd travelled from Sydney to be there. People kept arriving and it was good to meet some guys from on here - Bulldawg, malcy and rcket65ride (DV8) - who knew Cobba well. Before long the pub was full of bikers (mostly Harleys but a good smattering of Triumphs). The service was at the local sports club - the only venue that would have been big enough in Yackandandah. 400 - 500 people came to pay respects including a a large contingent of bikers - maybe 50. Others lined the streets for the procession to the cemetary, which was an awsome sight with Rockets in front, various other Triumphs next and a whole flock of eagles. The sound was awsome - love em or hate em, Harleys sure do make a lot of noise. At the cemetary the cars had to park outside but the bike all went through the gate and parked in a huge group on the lawn. what a site and what a tribute. People were taking photos so I'll try to get hold of a couple and post them here.

Guys that contributed money through me will be pleased to know that the flowers looked awsome and Cobba's wife was especially touched that they'd come from all over the country - I listed you all on the card and spoke with her as well.

His family is coping really well and Hanso and I spent a good couple of hours talking with brother last night over a few drinks and some unbelievably good live music at the pub. The family's looking for answers as to how it happened.

We did also get to talk with a couple of guys who were on the fateful ride and have a little insight as to what happened. His rear wheel just locked up and noone can recall seeing his brake light on. There's a long skid mark on the road and Cobba apparently was looking down at his locked wheel trying to see what was going one. All too quickly he was fishtailing and then high sided into a tree. It was all over very quickly. Seems most people are thinking something in the tranny or final drive broke.

I never met the man and I'm poorer because of it. You all may recall that Hanso generously was offering a free ticket to the World SBK at Phillip Island. Cobba took it, so Hanso at least got to know him a little. Have a look here - especially at the last post: http://www.r3owners.net/bearclaw-co...and-tickets-up-grabs.html?highlight=free+pass

Was a good ride down with Hanso; just a **** shame this was the reason.

RIP Cobba.

Thanks for doing the write upRichard You didn't miss a thing, very written!! Thanks Again for your company on the ride, had a great trip as you said shame about the reason. Just a little something I want to add and that is while I was talking to Robyn and other family members and local friends a lot of them had been looking at the Cobba Thread on our forum and were overhelmed by the Support, Kinship and General good wishes expressed by by All Of You.
There was talk of Memoiral ride to be organised for next year by a guy called Churchy who runs another forum, so we will have to get some numbers together and have a presense, Yackandandah is a beautifull little town with two good pubs what more could you want
Also I gave my Cobba a One wheel salute as I left the Cemetery to the delight of his local mates, one of which recalled Cobba telling him about the my antics at the Island popping up on the back wheel as I went down to the track we had a lot of Fun that weekend at the Island.
Memories I will cherish, He was A No Bull**** kinda guy with a witty good sense of humor and good value round the Campfire.
Cobba Rest In Peace My Friend

Raa vii

Guys,

We have had a couple of captians Pass this year and I would like to honor them at the RAA VII in May. Many of us did not have the pleasure of knowing Cobba like many of you did , so if someone that knew him could put together a few words so we can honor our fallen brother at the event that would be greatly appreciated.

Back