Guys,

We have had a couple of captians Pass this year and I would like to honor them at the RAA VII in May. Many of us did not have the pleasure of knowing Cobba like many of you did , so if someone that knew him could put together a few words so we can honor our fallen brother at the event that would be greatly appreciated.

I only really got to know him over the course of a half dozen phone calls and e-mails and then the SBK weekend but I found him to be true to his word a straight shooter, at the SBK at Phillip Island he was a pleasure to have around the campfire. Some guys become a pain in the bum with a few drinks in them but not Cobba his jokes just got funnier, first to get up when cleaning up after we had had a feed. Not someone that big noted himself quite humble if fact, we spent a couple of hours exchanging ideas on project we had planned for our bikes and he was open to suggestions of variations I suggested he make to the next project he had which was going to be a tuned length set of header but they were going to be different to anything we have Yet to see here, he had some real smarts yet was not a kinda guy to get in your face and I believe would look out for his mates.
At the wake and at the pub after I got to know a few of Cobba's other mates and they all spoke highly of him. The accident is still a bit of a mystery as they all said he was good rider and not reckless, also a lot said that he was the sort of bloke that you could count on if in need. That pretty much Sums up what I know of him, other may know him better and if so please speak up

The day was very moving for everyone who attended and as stated earlier there were hundreds... Good to meet a few of you... good to catch up with a few I have not seen for years... Cobba will be missed by so many and not only those he rode with but he touched so many others from all walks of life... It made me proud to be able to say I knew him and knew him well~
You will never be forgotten old mate, but remembered for eternity..
G.B.N.F

Woke early this morning to realise its been one year. I will never forget my mate and his brilliant sense of humour and welcoming nature and many other good qualities. Happy memories.

Back