Clutch Slippage

mav68

.020 Over
Well it's finally happened. 3 months ago I did the 3 K&N mod along with tuneboy and Pig9's 152hp tune to go with my Japenese Hammer slip on pipes. Today Out riding I gunned the bike in 4th and had clutch slippage. It seems fine in the lower gears but load it up in 4th and 5th you get slipping. Bike has 24000km or about 15000 miles. No burnouts just spririted riding. Only had to adjust the clutch at the 3000km because of a little excess free play, been fine ever since, till now.
So I would have to confer with Hombre standard clutch won't handle anything over 150hp.
Going to give Neville Lush a call and get a lockup clutch and be done with it since the bike is out of warranty. Can't really complain it been the only the 2nd mechanical issue in 2.7years of "hard n fast". Broken throttle cable too.

Yes the cable has just the right amount of free play as per manual. Its fine off the mark and will still lift a wheel in 1st just slips under full throttle in the higher gears.

clutch

My clutch was slipping the other day, found that it was the clutch lever not returning so sprayed some WD40 on it and its ok. I think after riding in the rain it must have oxidized between the lever and the mount.

I revisited clutch freeplay and released it a tad as well as lubed cable and all appears Ok will no sign of slippage so might have resolved the issue.
I love a happy ending!!!!:)

Sorry to hear about the clutch slipping. I had the same problem after doing the triples / Jardines / custom map mods.

I put a Barnett in mine and have had absolutely no problems with slipping.

But if you've got the $ for Nev's lockup, then by all means...go for it!

Back