Clutch gone after 2 months......

Now that is ugly. Sure looks like the clutch was dragging for some reason. I'm curious to see the slave cylinder for the clutch release mechanism. If I was Triumph, I'd want the complete clutch system sent back including the complete hydraulic (master cylinder/slave) assembly.

I remember working as a mechanic for a GM dealership in the 70s and a cruise control system on a Chevy sedan suddenly went to full throttle at an intersection. The owner was pretty upset (and rightly so). GM had us replace everything including the actuator arm on the steering column, wiring harness, sensors, slave cylinder, linkages etc etc. Everything was sent back to GM for analysis. They had never seen it before. Anyway, from what I remember there was some kind of redesign. I wonder if this is a one off or....... I trust they will sort it out.

I've seen somewhat official claims of 2.73 (Ricky Gadson) which I don't doubt as she's a relatively easy beast to launch but you definitely from my experience need TC off. You can launch pretty quick with it with care but without it, it won't bog you down if you go to hard. When I raced the two litre gixxers and blew them away, it went like a bat out of hell .... only small wheel spin and fish tail and was gone before they knew what hit them. I'd definitely beat myself on my 2013 S1000RR but my old 2012 Diavel Carbon would probably just take it. But then it wasn't stock whereas my Rocket is. It should be able to launch hard and fast all day .... they're promoting it as such a bike. Can't wait to get it back.
Rickey Gadson And The Triumph Rocket 3 R
I am honestly surprised he did not get it into the 9s. It feels like a 9s bike but what do I know?!
...woops...2.73....did i say 2.37???....thats how rumours start right?...lol

1602573048291.png

Plenty of tension on the detent spring by the looks of it...... hopefully its made out of better material

Rock Ape reviewing the Chieftain Dark Horse wrote of H.D. riders in Townsville:
"The Indian, they assume, must be made in India." 😳 🤪 😅

That one made me snort out my beer!
Reminds me of the time I asked for an India Pale Ale in a hick bar, the guy next to me growled " we drink American beer here".

The whole clutch system needs to be replaced. Some interesting pics. Parts and pics now on way to HQ in UK from Australia. As mentioned, happy with that service that their engineers there want to look at and analyse the results of my work. Means they're pretty serious I reckon but no Rocket for me for a while.
You are a bad man

You are a bad man
:p **** I hope Triumph sort this and give me the confidence I can ride it like they promote it. I'm no street hoon at nearly 54 years of age but I'm no saint and I love the look of this bike so much. I don't want to go back to a Diavel and tell people the Rocket 3 R as pretty as it was just couldn't cope after I have been telling them how great it is and how that engine is so sublime, does it easy, and could handle so much more power tuned into it.

Back