Christchurch New Zealand has the new R3

Screenshot_20200106_233227.png
Popped into the dealer today and saw this Black Beauty almost fully put together.

Sat on the red one and it felt small. Measured the length of the bike and it's about 5 inches shorter in length than the old model.

Also noted that the tank has a very sharp edge where the fold in the tank is and it's right at where your legs are against the tank.

I can’t help it. It looks short fat and unfinished. Definitely not for me.
Perhaps in a few years they will incorporate the new engine into a true tourer, then I may be looking at my retirement bike, but certainly not now with these models.
I love my 15 r3t.

Wheelbases are almost the same but the older Roadster has the fender, signal lights and mufflers hanging out past the wheel adding to the overall length of the bike. If they install a proper fender, the new Rocket should be almost the same length.

...Phar2slo measured the new Roadster from the outside of the front wheel to the outside of the rear wheel and it is 130mm shorter than his Rocket...we were told it was shorter many months ago but not by how much...now we know.

Old Rocket - Overall length 2500 mm (98.43 inches). Wheelbase 66.7 inches

New Rocket - Overall length 2500-130= 2370mm (93.31 inches). Wheelbase 66 inches

So the new Rocket is just over 5 inches shorter. Now add the fender, taillight, signal lights and old style mufflers and it isn't that much shorter. I thing the missing back end is giving us the illusion that it is a small bike.

Back