Christchurch New Zealand has the new R3

Old Rocket - Overall length 2500 mm (98.43 inches). Wheelbase 66.7 inches

New Rocket - Overall length 2500-130= 2370mm (93.31 inches). Wheelbase 66 inches

So the new Rocket is just over 5 inches shorter. Now add the fender, taillight, signal lights and old style mufflers and it isn't that much shorter. I thing the missing back end is giving us the illusion that it is a small bike.
That is what I have trying to convey.

I wonder how you remove the rear wheel, remove the left side beauty cover and then use a normal SSSA stand? That would be handy.

The wheel base is supposed to be 66”, same as the R3.

From Triumph's website - I think the old model was 66.7 in wheelbase.

upload_2020-1-7_11-12-58.png

I'm not going to buy a new Rocket. No I'm not. No way....Nope, well, maybe I'll go look at one. Yeah that's the ticket but in no way will I buy one; well, maybe not, but it wouldn't hurt to look would it? :banghead:

I'm the same as you.

Dealer is supposed to have an event for the ChCh rocket owners next week one evening to test out the new R3 with a short ride up and down our very short motorway about 8 km / 5 mile round trip.

I will go along but still undecided if I want to ride one. But then again I wouldn't mind having a test ride of the new worlds largest production motorcycle.

And nor do I want to part with $38,000 + for a motorcycle.

Back