Chopped Front Mudguard

Jamie

Living Legend
Hi,

A question from fellow European Captains:

Any lead to a supplier of a mini front guard, apart from terribly expensive carbon offerings from Palatina (my front guard provider) or Bike Johnny (another supplier, but I have only used it for my carbon bearclaw)?

Plastic, aluminium, whatever.

Or, would you have some advice on using an existing steel guard from Triumph or another OEM and adapting/customizing it (without any major metal surgery) to the Rocket's mounting brackets?

Thanks. Jamie

Must be good, quality stuff...

Piggr:

They have the chin spoiler on their site. I converted 48,000 yen to USD and it comes out $403.30 plus 5% duty=$423.46 and that don't include shipping or custom paint......Is this outfit related to Corbin? By the time you get it painted and in your sweaty mitts, I'd say you are right at 500 clams and that ain't carbon fiber, just 'glass.

Time to carve out a wooden form, dig out the chopper gun and lay some 'glass.

Yeah I noticed, f-n outragous. With all your gear you need to start cranking out some Rocket accessories and become the Wal-Mart of the Rocket accessory world.

Hi,

A question from fellow European Captains:

Any lead to a supplier of a mini front guard, apart from terribly expensive carbon offerings from Palatina (my front guard provider) or Bike Johnny (another supplier, but I have only used it for my carbon bearclaw)?

Plastic, aluminium, whatever.

Or, would you have some advice on using an existing steel guard from Triumph or another OEM and adapting/customizing it (without any major metal surgery) to the Rocket's mounting brackets?

Thanks. Jamie

Cut from a second hand steel fender based on the carbon Palatina, $125 cheap option.....:bch:

Looks excellent, I would be happy with one of that but I don't want to have to buy a Palatina for a model. Any options to this?

Buy a yellow crayon and start drawing cut lines. If you screw up the crayon mark is easily removed. Once you think you have it right measure the lines to make sure they are the same.

You could also make a cut out with a piece of paper and overlay it.

Question

I just have to jump in here with a comment about chopping the front fender, not from a cosmetic standpoint but from a practical standpoint. The 1800 VTX's have an abbreviated front fender (mudgard if you will) and it seems that they (VTX's) have a habit of perforating the radiator from objects thrown by the front tire to the extent that a number of companies make fender extensions for VTX's. The R3 fender effectively covers the front rubber so basically no objects get thrown into the radiator. Why ruin a good thing for the sake of a little style?

R34ME and the others: Thanks for your feedback. Carving a steel guard looks like the best solution appearance and cost-wise. Won't be as featherlight as carbon (what a difference a few pounds or kilos make on a RocketIII anyway?:D) but won't be as horrendously expensive either.

R34ME, did you use a stock RocketIII guard? Lots of adavantages in my book: Plenty of fat to chop off in the first place :rolleyes:but, more seriously, the eventual fit-up with tire clearance, bolt holes and mounting brackets. If not, what sort of guard did you use/would suggest?

Thanks again. Jamie;)

Back