Catasrophic failure

Whats cool is Warp taught himself then pushed the limit on the bike, blew it up, rebuilt another and another and another I think.
Was it 2 or 3?

Blown two pistons and liners. (Did not have to split the motor.)
Exploded internal clutch hub which destroyed the blower cover , and bent the tranny shaft (had to split her this time)
Broke one Dyno (by far the funnest:D)

Oh this was the first motorcycle engine I ever worked on !!!!

Blown two pistons and liners. (Did not have to split the motor.)
Exploded internal clutch hub which destroyed the blower cover , and bent the tranny shaft (had to split her this time)
Broke one Dyno (by far the funnest:D)

Oh this was the first motorcycle engine I ever worked on !!!!

WTH?? I didnt hear the one about the Dyno. :eek::D

WTH?? I didnt hear the one about the Dyno. :eek::D

Yes a Dyno drag twin the I made the Harley next to me look so bad the operator turned up the eddie current brake trying to hold me back. He was not prepared for me to apply more boost and it burnt the load cell up in front of the croud. It was kind of funny sparks shooting everywhere from the spool !!!

Yes a Dyno drag twin the I made the Harley next to me look so bad the operator turned up the eddie current brake trying to hold me back. He was not prepared for me to apply more boost and it burnt the load cell up in front of the croud. It was kind of funny sparks shooting everywhere from the spool !!!

Too bad thats not on youtube.

Its was worth a try Phil,
Now before you go spending a bucket load of cash, I would drain the oil and look for metal, cut the filter open and inspect for metal. Then I would take the lower sump pan off. Even if you not a great mechanic it a easy job. The sump pan has two screens on them I would look for metal the way you discribe the sound you should find metal. if not it might not be as bad as you think. In the rear right you will be able to look at the out put drive gears. there is a port hole in the front under the clutch you can see if there is metal up there if so its a clutch problem. Then your only out oil filter and possibly the sump pan gasket but you might be able to decide your course without spending a bunch of money at the dealer just to find out.

Warp... the clutch seems to be working fine. Bike off and in neutral, I can pull the clutch lever in and downshift to first. With the bike off and in neutral, I start it up and everything is fine. I go to let the clutch out and, with the bike in neutral, it starts to move forward. Thats when the awful noise begins. I showed symptoms to the svc mgr. he explained that it was like there were gears that were fighing each other and if I kept going it would stall itself out. :eek::eek::eek:

Back