2008 RIII Tacho failure, obsolete, do later versions fit?

DrChris

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket III
Hi all. I reckon you guys can help me quickly here, my tacho has failed, all other functions work. Under warranty dealer has tried to order replacement but it's obsolete and triumph UK cancelled their backorder. They resorted to a gauge repairer who reckon the circuit board is fried (yet to see that for myself) even though all other functions work.
Simple question is, will the later versions (VDO I think) fit and function correctly, I notice they have an addition of an LCD which probably won't unless the can bus functions through it.
Any help would be gratefully received, it's driving me mad trying to get one.
Chris

Hi all. I reckon you guys can help me quickly here, my tacho has failed, all other functions work. Under warranty dealer has tried to order replacement but it's obsolete and triumph UK cancelled their backorder. They resorted to a gauge repairer who reckon the circuit board is fried (yet to see that for myself) even though all other functions work.
Simple question is, will the later versions (VDO I think) fit and function correctly, I notice they have an addition of an LCD which probably won't unless the can bus functions through it.
Any help would be gratefully received, it's driving me mad trying to get one.
Chris

the first thing that we will want to know
is year** model
and color lol

the first thing that we will want to know
is year** model
and color lol
Hey Turbo.
It's a 2008 Riii original. It's the all black clocks.
Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230312_182126_Bikesales.jpg
    Screenshot_20230312_182126_Bikesales.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 7
usually it is the trip milage in the speedo that fails
someone may have that
question when you first turn the key on does it make the sweep test?
i am sure that someone will answer up.

usually it is the trip milage in the speedo that fails
someone may have that
question when you first turn the key on does it make the sweep test?
i am sure that someone will answer up.
The dealer tried a working clock off a customer bike which worked. The sweep doesn't happen on ignition switch on.
Cheers

Back