Do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

leatal

Turbocharged
Ride
2014 Roadster, 2020 Rocket GT
Now that I have your attention, I need some grownup advice. I am going to build up my 2014 Roadster with the Lush 200 hp kit. Since I will be into the bottom and top of the engine, should I just pull the engine, open it up, and send the transmission inards to Robinson for upgrade, or I just complete the build and ride on? Seems like a crap shoot, pay now and upgrade, or wait for a possible catastrophic transmission failure and upgrade.

Depends on you're risk tolerance.

If it will bug you knowing the 3rd gear circlip can dislodge at any moment, causing simultaneous engagement and carnage of 3rd and 4th gears whilst creating a risk of rear tire lockup while moving and creating a potentially fatal accident, then yeah, upgrade.

If you are one of those people who that won't bother, skip it and fix it when it breaks.

I did mine because when I want to ride/drive the hell out of a vehicle, I want to be thinking about what I'm doing and not if it's going to survive.

Depends on you're risk tolerance.

If it will bug you knowing the 3rd gear circlip can dislodge at any moment, causing simultaneous engagement and carnage of 3rd and 4th gears whilst creating a risk of rear tire lockup while moving and creating a potentially fatal accident, then yeah, upgrade.

If you are one of those people who that won't bother, skip it and fix it when it breaks.

I did mine because when I want to ride/drive the hell out of a vehicle, I want to be thinking about what I'm doing and not if it's going to survive.
So you think I’ve been taking a huge risk riding a stock transmission?

It's fine to stay as you are if you just want bragging rights - you could even strap on a huge turbo AND supercharger to make a really impressive looking build, but if you intend on USING the 200bhp then it's a no-brainer really ........ just sayin' 😉

Now that I have your attention, I need some grownup advice. I am going to build up my 2014 Roadster with the Lush 200 hp kit. Since I will be into the bottom and top of the engine, should I just pull the engine, open it up, and send the transmission inards to Robinson for upgrade, or I just complete the build and ride on? Seems like a crap shoot, pay now and upgrade, or wait for a possible catastrophic transmission failure and upgrade.
You just answered your question
You have the financial ability to do that so then do it.
The only question was can you $ not if you should. Because racecar

Back