CAT Delete installed...HOLY CRAP!

I have not been on D&D or Staintune web page for awhile but they had not been making a cross over pipe for the Touring, only the Classic and Standard (3 pipe models). For those it is a cat eliminator, the cats on the Touring are on in the silencers. I have not cut my box apart but several have and posted pictures on the various forums.

If you look at the pictures of the crossover box it is very restrictive, you lose a lot of energy in it. I think it could easily affect exhaust flow and sound.

I'm going to take mine off and open it up. It just does not make sense Triumph would make a cross over "Box." It looks more like a CAT to me. We shall see. You say the CATS are in the muffler. How can you see them through the 90 degree turn at the muffler inlet?

The ones with the catalyst in the crossover box have one catalyst in the end of the inlet pipe just after it enters the box. The whole box is just an open cavity where the exhaust swirls around until it exits one of the two (or three for std/classic) muffler pipes. New Touring and Roadster models have two cats, one in the beginning of each muffler.

Back