Carpenter 240 Kit questions

If you charge hard into the corners I switched to the dot 5 that is compatible with dot4, it has a higher boiling point and irt elimanated my brake fade as dr.d stated you pick up speed so much quicker
You're using DOT 5.1? DOT 5 is silicone based and not compatible with DOT 4. I don't think it's recommended for ABS either.

Those are fantastic numbers for a 210 kit. As for the exhaust, I always wear ear plugs and helmet now so I’ll see how loud it is with both of those. I’ll roll the dice on the transmission. If it starts giving me grief I’ll send it to the professionals to rework. From what I’ve read here, the transmission problems with our rockets are usually independent from power modifications.
Mine is a 2014 Roadster. No trans problems until the engine was hopped up at 45,000 miles. It could be coincidence, but, considering that the circlips are known to fail, why not have peace of mind. I only logged a few hundred miles on my Carpenter engine before I had to pull it for trans repair - just when I was enjoying the beast. No fun, more down time and expense. Your call, good luck!

Has anyone that bought the 240 kit got anywhere close to 240hp? Researching
Couple of thoughts.....without bigger valves, bigger cams, and more fuel, that 230-240 level is about it NA.

Bob Carpenter builds drag racing motors. No air filtration, oxygenated fuel, and open headers and a megaphone. Not how we (or I should say many of us) want to ride it. Making it more civil costs power. However, 15-20 horse is a tenth or two of a second at the drag strip, which is important if you race, and not if you don’t.
I knew pretty well what my bike would dyno before I touched a wrench to it. I feel confident that if you have a build that’s not within +/- 5% of what others with the same equipment have, there is a calibration error or you have an extremely rare outlier or snake oil. Just my 2 cents......

Carpenter builds race engines, and tests them for track conditions. MR12 race fuel, no filters just velocity stacks on the throttle bodies, and Carpenters exhaust. If you run smaller intake than recommended or different exhaust especially with smaller header pipes then expect lower numbers. I have K&N RX4040s and tuned with pump gas (Shell 93) and have 251 hp from my 265 kit.

I'd see about getting it over to Tommy Micelli for final tuning. It will be loud enough to ride, but you won't win a loud pipe competition against Harleys with open pipes.

According to Bob they are broken in by the time they are done on the dyno.

I inquired about it going to Tommy for a tune however, since I live in Colorado there’s no realistic way of me getting it to Tommy after Bob works his magic and then back to me. Carpenter told me that they found a better tune for the Roadsters that will perform better than they have in the past and then assured me that the tune they provide on it will be sufficient. If the tune is a$$ when it gets back to me then I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. I like to think that I’m not getting snowed when they tell me that. If they’re going to load a canned tune into it just so it makes power and but runs like crap then it should be advertised as such you know? I’ve seen videos of a guy who got the 240 kit done and mentioned that he stuck with the canned tune that Bob put in it and his ran like a raped ape!

I inquired about it going to Tommy for a tune however, since I live in Colorado there’s no realistic way of me getting it to Tommy after Bob works his magic and then back to me. Carpenter told me that they found a better tune for the Roadsters that will perform better than they have in the past and then assured me that the tune they provide on it will be sufficient. If the tune is a$$ when it gets back to me then I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. I like to think that I’m not getting snowed when they tell me that. If they’re going to load a canned tune into it just so it makes power and but runs like crap then it should be advertised as such you know? I’ve seen videos of a guy who got the 240 kit done and mentioned that he stuck with the canned tune that Bob put in it and his ran like a raped ape!
The tune they put in will be very close, then Bob will tweak it a little, but he won't spend much time on it. Tommy will take the time to make is the best it can be. Bob sends bikes to Tommy, he knows the local shippers.

So they finished the dyno today and all is well! I’ve spent the last hour trying to get the video and at least a picture of the sheet up for you gents but to no avail. Keeps telling me to try again or talk to an admin. They dyno’d it in 90 degree heat and east coast humidity which I thought would hurt the numbers substantially but what do I know.
Numbers came in at 246 HP and 182 TQ. There was zero decel popping on the video. I am quite pleased with those numbers. Should be back here in Colorado in two weeks!! Man oh man.

Thankfully I will be going to Lake Powell for the next two weeks so ideally I'll get back into town and the second I pull into the driveway the truck will pull up. Is that too much to ask?

Thankfully I will be going to Lake Powell for the next two weeks so ideally I'll get back into town and the second I pull into the driveway the truck will pull up. Is that too much to ask?
RAA west will be in that area a little (bryce,zions,mexican hat,moabetc)let us know what you think

So they finished the dyno today and all is well! I’ve spent the last hour trying to get the video and at least a picture of the sheet up for you gents but to no avail. Keeps telling me to try again or talk to an admin. They dyno’d it in 90 degree heat and east coast humidity which I thought would hurt the numbers substantially but what do I know.
Numbers came in at 246 HP and 182 TQ. There was zero decel popping on the video. I am quite pleased with those numbers. Should be back here in Colorado in two weeks!! Man oh man.
Congrats bro. Have a great vacation and enjoy the bike! You earned it, make every mile count!

Back