Carpenter 240 dyno question

Tbone

.060 Over
Ride
2014 Roadster 2008 Not So Standard 2006 Carpenter
Asking for a friend(the little one that looks like a devil and sits on my shoulder). What is a realistic HP number from a Carpenter 240 kit with Carp exhaust? I'm hearing varying numbers.

Really depends on who tunes it.and how much time they take. Good tune on pump gas you might get close to 240. But get the 240 on race gas and not tuned for pump gas your probably closer to 225..

Really depends on who tunes it.and how much time they take. Good tune on pump gas you might get close to 240. But get the 240 on race gas and not tuned for pump gas your probably closer to 225..
So 207hp and 166 torque really needs a good tune.

Asking for a friend(the little one that looks like a devil and sits on my shoulder). What is a realistic HP number from a Carpenter 240 kit with Carp exhaust? I'm hearing varying numbers.

Animal House FOREVER!!! :thumbsup:
F her, F her!

So 207hp and 166 torque really needs a good tune.
Well not knowing a few things makes it hard to guess. What air cleaners if any are you running? Bob does not use any when he tunes. You said Carpenter exhaust you running the baffle or open ? Again 240 open no baffle have seen any 240 kit numbers with the baffle I suspect lower from the looks of it. Who tuned it and is it a 9000 rpm map. Some of the roadsters are not. Als are you sure its a 240 and not a 210 kit? Same ecxept 210 has no pistons.

Last edited:
This is a bike I am inquiring about so only details I know are Carpenter Street Rod exhaust and running 3 foam filters with mass air flow delete and supposedly 240 kit.

This is a bike I am inquiring about so only details I know are Carpenter Street Rod exhaust and running 3 foam filters with mass air flow delete and supposedly 240 kit.
dude get the guys name and Call Bobs shop they will have record of it and can tell you whats in it if they built it. if it is a 240 and was dynoed with some restrictive little filters I can see the power being down and well frankly the other things I have noted above, check them out you might find a answer. if not well then I am not sure what to tell you a 240 kit should put out more then 206 or what ever unless the dyno you checked it on has problems like its a mustang dyno.

i have 204hp/157torque on my2011 roadster with the 210 kit which as you know does not include the pistons, it was dyno'dwith the small K&Ns and 89octane petrol, your numbers are pretty low as Warp asked are you sure it is the 240kit? and who tuned it.
Dave does your bike turn 9000 rpm to get that hp?

Back