Florida Dyno - Will I have to go PCV?

KalSaint

.020 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket III Roadster
Good Morning Everybody,

I've been searching the interwebs for quite a while now, and just about everyone I have called and or visited uses the PCV system to tune in their shops. Almost nobody has heard of TuneECU. Does anyone know of a tuner in Florida that can actually use TuneECU?

If not, will the PCV achieve similar results? Any pros/cons that I need to be aware of?

Thank you ever so much.

Morning. I'm guilty of having everything I need to use TuneECU... but have never had to use it. My dealer's mechanic used it to load my current tune, tweak my speed limiter (I may need to re-tweak...) and lowered the temp my fan kicks on back in '14. I believe he did this on his own; as he wanted to show me how to use it and said it worked better than what the shop provided. Others with much more knowledge will be along, but really TuneECU is more for the DIY motorcycle maintainer as it only costs the software ($10 when I registered the Android version) and cable ($12). I'm confident any commercial tuner will be fine, just know that when you do any upgrades/changes you'll need to go back to them.
-MIG

Get a TuneEcu tune that is as close to the setup you have. If you are happy with the results then ride and enjoy. If you want improvements then get the PCV with Auto Time, let it do its work, ride and enjoy.

That way if you change your setup then you can continue riding and enjoying without worrying about getting it tuned again.

Thank you for the replies all, but I do believe I lucked out.

One of my friends told me to check out G P Bikes in Melbourne, FL. I was hesitant as their website does not mention dyno services. It was a nice enough day for a ride, so I scooted on up there. Lo' and behold...they have a dyno, they've actually heard of Triumph, and the owner has a scrambler. And the coup de grace was they know how to use Tune ECU since they use it for the scrambler. Needless to say, my appointment is next Wednesday to get it tuned, tires changed, final drive serviced, and a general once over on the bike. To say that I'm excited is an understatement. Hopefully it all goes well, because it will be real nice having a local shop that knows how to work on the bike.

Back