Carbon Fiber Wheels for R3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect $4it will inevitably hit the fan when I see that Avatar. But now that the issue is dead. Thanks Jamie for your insight and Pig9r for having raised an important weight factor (inertial what??) question, et al.

Hardly two words are spoken from Hombre since he joined last December, until he wants our purchasing power to help him meet a minimum order. Then, when presented with a question, gets huffy and leaves but not before reminding us, of all we are missing, by not noticing his contributions. This elitism is an example why R3owners.net was born.

Have I thanked you lately Tomo for creating R3owners.net.:bch:

My god , never seen such a kiss ass , your tongue will stay permanently brown

I think Hondax hit it right on the head on every point. Kissy kissy.

The climate is much normal here at .net. Thanks to all those responsible. Now, can we get a group hug. I'm buying:bch: One Guinness and a truck load of straws.
A Guin: cross between a chicken and a guinea fowl. Is Guiness Stout a derivative:D it is rather chewy:D

Straws

The Beatles: all we need is LOVE LOVE LOVE. HeR3tic, can I bring my own straw? Got one with a rocket fuel pump on it.Three eights I.D. running on 24 volts.

I think I'm gonna hurl....:eek:

I don't blame Hombre one bit. Such an undertaking is expensive and if there are people out there anywhere that would like something like carbon fiber wheels... why not ask?

He was probably a little gunshy coming in here anyway, but he shouldn't be. We aren't much for hate mongering and personal attacks, I doubt we ever will be. :roll:

I've never had carbon fiber wheels before but I know carbon fiber can be brittle and break easily if its chipped. I don't think I'd want to take the responsibility of mounting a 240 series tire on a $2000 wheel. Maybe its not a problem... I don't know. I'm not gonna find out.

Oh... BTW... Hi Sully :D...

Sully Wrote:

Apparently you don't proof your replies.......

Thanks Jamie, Pig9r, HEr3tic, Tomo(again), Busajack, Sully, Hombre, Flip,and Hero Blob for all you contributed on this thread. If I left anyone out I apologize and give you a double big thanks.:bch:

I think we've gotten enough mileage out of this.

Sad to say but I think Hombre came here with a bit of chip on his shoulder because he has fallen victim to the past politics. He is a loyal individual and didn't want to seem like he was associating with others outside of his realm so he kept it short and sweet. Unfortunately it came across as arrogance. I applaud his enthusiasm and passion he displays for the Rocket, but I think he has made this incident to be something more than what it is. I believe he is truly embarrassed by his remarks and the way the whole thing went and that is why he chose to erase his posts and add the new avatar. I also think it shows what kind of person we are dealing with. The only reason he posted was to draw buyers, but I am for sure he won't post here again. I can't say I am disappointed either. I don't think his actions should reflect poorly on other forums; there are quality people at all of the sites.

For those that are interested here is the link to Hombre's carbon wheels:

Unless the other mods think differently I think the only choice at this point is to lock it and let it fall into the ashes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back