California Scientific Windshield, Anyone running one?

Kingjoey5000

.020 Over
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 R 221
Anyone running one of these? They look kind of bad ass.
2A21A3E1-3816-4091-BD8C-59364096CE7A.jpeg
2DE88277-968C-4E61-A2C2-982E5CFF63C0.jpeg
00A036C7-2EC3-43E3-9C70-FD9599C69C44.jpeg
114CC366-2042-4952-AA51-D98BFE82C31B.jpeg

Bought it, it cracked. Got a replacement, that cracked. Vendor would not refund or replace again (as per the terms). Mine was gray smoked. I have heard that the clear ones don't crack (or at least as easily).

Now I'm running the Secdem windshield and it's 1000% better. Very solid 3 point mounting and it fits the contour around the headlights.

That Secdem looks interesting. I like the way it attaches, and at least from that angle seems to suit the bike well.

I'd tried a Madstad, and returned it in favor of using none at all. Though I kinda maybe still would like to have a windshield for longer highway jaunts.

That Secdem looks interesting. I like the way it attaches, and at least from that angle seems to suit the bike well.

I'd tried a Madstad, and returned it in favor of using none at all. Though I kinda maybe still would like to have a windshield for longer highway jaunts.
Try the Powerbronze mid-size. It deflects the wind just enough so your arms and hands don't squeeze the grips and they don't get tired. They are far from great but good enough. Hell of a sales pitch, "Not great but good enough.":)

I bought the Calsci windshield and returned it after a 10 mile test ride, pure junk IMO. Now I'm running the Secdem windshield and it's 1000% better. Very solid 3 point mounting and it fits the contour around the headlights.
I looked at their site and I do like the shield.
The one they show on their site doesnt look as high as yours though.
Im fine with the lower height but is it a bit of a "to do" to install/remove it?
I only need it for longer highway jaunts.

ps....I see, there is shield for gt and r.
GT is higher.
How about the install?
Do you have a pic from the riders view so we can see the mounts?

Thanks

I looked at their site and I do like the shield.
The one they show on their site doesnt look as high as yours though.
Im fine with the lower height but is it a bit of a "to do" to install/remove it?
I only need it for longer highway jaunts.

ps....I see, there is shield for gt and r.
GT is higher.
How about the install?
Do you have a pic from the riders view so we can see the mounts?

Thanks
I have the GT, it's about 22". Works great for me at 5'10" but it might be a little too short for anyone over 6'.
It's not an easy install and once it's on it would not be an easy on-off.

Back