Butcher the Bearclaw

R34ME

.060 Over
Well got up this morning with that what can I cut up today feeling, out to the garage and get the bearclaw out its from storage, first stage of the butchering process. I bolted back on I adjusted so there is a 5 mm gap around the top, will go for a longer ride around town then open road in the morning with digital thermometer tucked under there and see what she reads, will yet you all know.

Yeah, mine is bowed out 1/2 and inch up top to an inch out back (no cutting) with a "mouth" on the front opening.

Also, where did you get that front fender? Looks good!

Thanks for the positive comments guys, I taped the claw up to protect the shinny bits, used a permenant marker for the cut line then used a jigsaw with fine tooth metal blade, it was tricky as the claw is anything but flat, but if you take your time she's good, finished the cut edge with a hand grinder and disc then file finish. It actually came up very well the first person to see it in the flesh was surprised at how well finished it looked, I got that front bobbed fender from scotsmun, it's more the look I am after.

Hey, Buck! This thread is six years old and many of the members from those years have disappeared.... you probably won't hear from them!!

But there are lots of other threads here on cutting the bearclaw, a search will help you!

Back