Burnt on Plastic/Fabric on Exhaust Can

I've done this a number of times over the years, generally with synthetic riding pants. I've removed with with oven cleaner. I like the idea of using a wood spatula to get off the excess stuff. I found that the oven cleaner on a warm exhaust pipe or muffler took it right off.

I think heat is definitely the answer either scrape it off with a wooden spatula when the pipes are hot - as that was how it was applied or use a hot air gun.

I've done this a number of times over the years, generally with synthetic riding pants. I've removed with with oven cleaner. I like the idea of using a wood spatula to get off the excess stuff. I found that the oven cleaner on a warm exhaust pipe or muffler took it right off.
And one of these stops it happening again.

I've been told but have not tried to use a can of air or something that with freeze instantly from the spray. Because of thermal difference it should peel right off the metal. True or false don't know.

Thanks. I have got most of it off now but am left with a slight shading of residue from the plastic. I have some Blue Job ordered as that has had good reviews. I will post result when I use it.

Does anyone out there know how to remove burnt on fabric/plastic from an exhaust can. I stupidly let a jacket touch the hot can by the cat and it won't come off with chrome cleaner or petrol. It would only smear when I tried to get it off hot and now it's cold it stays put.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

I got rid of the TORS not long ago for a Viking exhaust... anything that touches it melts pretty quick. The good news is I just keep on riding and it burns it off eventually... lol

Back