Burnt on Plastic/Fabric on Exhaust Can

Sounds like you've totally ****ed it...you could gin-arse around trying all of these extremely expensive and time consuming snake-oil home remedies being touted by this bunch of dodgy electronic vagrants, OR, you could buy a nice after-market pipe that is already clean and makes more power thereby improving the overall fuel efficiency of your engine which in turn means you can buy beer to drink during the time you would have had to spend trying to clean the original pipe ... you're welcome :thumbsup:

After a ride I put the dust cover over mine and put two holes in it from the hot exhausts, thereby leaving a black deposit on them.
Once it was cold, I used the edge of my debit card to scrape it off. Perfect job and the finish was like new again. HTH.

After a ride I put the dust cover over mine and put two holes in it from the hot exhausts, thereby leaving a black deposit on them.
Once it was cold, I used the edge of my debit card to scrape it off. Perfect job and the finish was like new again. HTH.

Thanks. Another option for me

I have had good success with mineral spirits and a soft, clean cotton rag or cloth. You may have to slightly warm up the exhaust a bit to make removal a bit easier, though.

They'll be easier to clean when they are hot....as to the chemical...there are several. Blue Job will bring back the shine after you removed the crusty bits. Blue Job will even remove the yellow from over heated pipes!

Back