Broken Clutch Cable

Had the same thing happen!!

I have a '06 Rocket with 11,500 miles on it.

I had the bike loaded for a last minute trip to San Diego to escape the incoming snow in Denver a few weeks ago. Did a "walk around" and saw the clutch cable was shredded at the lever near the engine. Four (4) strands remained. AGH!! Called three Triumph dealers in the area, NO clutch cables. DOUBLE AGH!!! Packed the car and took off.

When I got home I called the service manager and explained the situation. They ordered a new cable AND the lever it attaches to at the engine. Mine was sharp as well. When I rode it to the dealer we looked at the cable and it came out of the cable barrel at an angle that would promote rubbing. So they adjusted that bracket as well. All covered under warranty.

I also ordered a spare clutch cable that I will "hide" in my saddle bag. I will not miss out on a trip again for a $45 part because no one stocks it. The service manager said this was the first clutch cable they ever replaced on any Rocket.

Cheers,
David

When I got home I called the service manager and explained the situation. They ordered a new cable AND the lever it attaches to at the engine. Mine was sharp as well. When I rode it to the dealer we looked at the cable and it came out of the cable barrel at an angle that would promote rubbing. So they adjusted that bracket as well. All covered under warranty.

Sounds like yours and mine suffered from the same condition. Got my new cable installed Saturday. Sanded the sharp edges off the lever and got the bracket lined up better. :)

Back