brake reservoir covers

None of that stuff is cheap. I would really like to get a set of the brake line clamps, but I can't justify spending $65 on those.

Patience is the virtue of adulthood. I have the bar stock in the shop, 6 feet of it. You'll have them soon. Every time I get a little time to get after them, something comes up and I get sidetracked.

For the last 2 months I was really busy getting all the qualifications for my post-retirement gig. That's done, the hay is handled, the equipment is greased and serviced so now, I suspect I'll have some time. Keep the 65 clams and take the missus to dinner. After all, you are my Guinea pig.:D(no play on words intended or desired....)

Yes its pricey for what it is but I would pay it IF it was a quality fit and no leaks.

Flip why should Gary have to pay $50+ and have to alter it to fit? How do you even know your suggested fix will work if you dont have one?

Gary did Brent offer you another one or money back?

The Rivco exhaust covers are way pricey for what they are but well worth the money for what they do.

I am not complaining about price here only asking about quality. If I pay the price I expect the quality but thats not always the case as Gary found out.

You are absolutely correct, I don't have one. Bart does and his don't leak. Bart is my brother-in-law and posts here on occasion, unlike me.:D

Knowing B. Smith as I do, I'm sure he'd make it right, Brent isn't a shady dealer by any means and brake fluid because of it's very low viscosity will find it's way into the tiniest of openings or cracks. At least DOT4 isn't hygroscopic though it will still ruin your paintwork if you spill it on the tank.

Knowing B. Smith as I do, I'm sure he'd make it right, Brent isn't a shady dealer by any means and brake fluid because of it's very low viscosity will find it's way into the tiniest of openings or cracks. At least DOT4 isn't hygroscopic though it will still ruin your paintwork if you spill it on the tank.
Fip thats what I am worried about brake fuid is some nasty stuff. Dont want to add some bling and get fluid all over the paint in return.
BTW all my dealings with Brent have been good.

Brake Cover

Made a mistake and got mine at New R3.com/ NewBonneville.com. No returns on open items- sales are final. Probably just a bad $50 part. Haven’t purchased anything else from them. Too bad there is not some kind of seal on the master brake cylinder.

Gary:confused:

I havent had any defective stuff from Brent at newspeed3.com so this is interesting.

No return on an open item....even if its defective :kk:

Fip thats what I am worried about brake fuid is some nasty stuff. Dont want to add some bling and get fluid all over the paint in return.
BTW all my dealings with Brent have been good.

I can realte to that. Maybe you should just get the sticker Piggr suggested and forego the cover.

I wasn't aware that Brent Smith changed his return policy. I haven't bought anything from either Brent nor Mike Selman for quite some time. Maybe Brent got his tailfeathers singed once too often. Like I said, I know both Brent and Mike personally and never had any trouble with anything I purchased from either enterprise in the past.

Back