Skelton Hogs

.040 Over
Ride
2013 Rocket Touring
Fair gents Re r3T standard rear brake light... Can someone recommend a brighter alternate replacement bulb? I've only been able to find same. 100 thank yous

Fair gents Re r3T standard rear brake light... Can someone recommend a brighter alternate replacement bulb? I've only been able to find same. 100 thank yous
Red under red lense, no resistors needed for brake light, just passing on what I’ve learned from others on here

Attachments

• 6B1FF8DA-362D-4F58-B38E-DAB18A966C33.png
    6B1FF8DA-362D-4F58-B38E-DAB18A966C33.png
    174.6 KB · Views: 5
I got this one for my R3T primarily for it to be able to keep up with my brake light moduator. The incandescent bulb would look dim because it could not keep up with the modulator. superbrightleds.com It is red and can bus compatible.

Hi Paddyo. It's asking if I want can bus Led bulbs or regular. How do I know which my 2013 t takes? I ordered brake, lic plate and indicator lights.
Thanks

I got this one for my R3T primarily for it to be able to keep up with my brake light moduator. The incandescent bulb would look dim because it could not keep up with the modulator. superbrightleds.com It is red and can bus compatible.

I believe the brake lights are on can bus system and send info to the ecu over the can bus system. The brake/running light therefore needs to be can bus compatible.

The turn signals and license plate light are not on the can bus system so they can use regular LEDs.

If you use leds for the turn signals, you will need to put a resistor in-line with each turn signal because the LEDs draw less amperage than regular non-led bulbs. The self-canceling relay for the turn signals (which is built into the electronics of the control board under the nacelle holding the speedometer) will sense the lower amperage as a burned out bulb and give the fast flash rather than the normal flash to indicate a turn.

Paddyo right on the money brother. I saw your post after contacting the vendor.. These **** LED's! Not as easy as it should be.

I believe the brake lights are on can bus system and send info to the ecu over the can bus system. The brake/running light therefore needs to be can bus compatible.

The turn signals and license plate light are not on the can bus system so they can use regular LEDs.

If you use leds for the turn signals, you will need to put a resistor in-line with each turn signal because the LEDs draw less amperage than regular non-led bulbs. The self-canceling relay for the turn signals (which is built into the electronics of the control board under the nacelle holding the speedometer) will sense the lower amperage as a burned out bulb and give the fast flash rather than the normal flash to indicate a turn.

Back