Brahma gets a new heart

I saved my sons radiator from this fate, i used a battery drill with a reverse (LH) twist drill bit, to drill out the broken bolts. I used Krol oil as the lube. I had caused this by not using neversieze on the shroud screws when I serviced the clutch 3 years earlier. all 5 screws came loose from the heat of drilling them out, left hand bits seem to work best, never had to use an ez-out....
The new radiator is on order now. I will however attempt to do as you suggest on the original unit and then have a spare maybe.

I've always bought my Left hand drill bits at my favorite Hardware store in the US.....online also.....McMaster-Carr....Their main location is just west of Chicago, which gives them fast shipping access.......for me it's just a "will-call" (1- Hr) wait. Just incase you don't have a mill supply shop nearby....

Herman, I'm aware you may have some tools that are nearly as old as me, but i doubt your drill doesn't have a reverse switch :roll:
:roll: :roll::roll::D:D

You are correct about the tools being old
At home i have some portable drills
but at the shop I use an air drill (no reverse) i just borrow my mechanics drill.

You are correct about the tools being old
At home i have some portable drills
but at the shop I use an air drill (no reverse) i just borrow my mechanics drill.
Old tools are the best tools. I was at Herman's house and he was playing a little music. Haven't seen one of these in century's. :thumbsup:
th-3717057232.jpg

Back