Has anyone tried for electric conversion?

1612380581241.png

this is a V8 electric motor if your going to put one in put this:)

There’s a program on TV in the UK called Vintage Voltage, a company in Wales take Classic cars and convert to high output electric motors.
Most of these conversations produce more power than the old petrol engines they replace and the brakes and suspension are uprated to handle the weight of the batteries,but the cost is phenomenal,way beyond the reach of most just wanting something to tinker with at the weekend.
Just something I’m not interested in,maybe an age thing, but I love the soundtrack of a screaming triple or the V twin/ V8 rumble plus I love the smell !

I can't wait till spring wife thinks her Tesla will beat my Rocket I told her not off the start do we will see .

I need the sound, smell and most importantly the noise. That being said I project 10 yrs from now you will be hard pressed to find internal combustion cars or bikes and the ones that exist they will make gas prohibitory expensive to help further electric. If I had money to burn wouldn't mind a lightning but as an addition and not a replacement.

I can't wait till spring wife thinks her Tesla will beat my Rocket I told her not off the start do we will see .

My 2013 is about 140rwhp on a good day....there's a Tesla S that likes to play on the odd occasion we meet on our commute home. From a standing start (he has to be in 'ludicrous' mode) he beats me to 100kmh by a couple of car lengths EVERY time....I reel him in by about 140/150 but I don't think they are geared to go much faster than that

As the Man in the Tin Shed told me a while back, "Torque is your friend."

And boy, steam engines (develop maximum torque at dead stop - think about that) and electric motors shine. Our pedestrian Chevrolet BOLT EV surprises many drivers off the line, and yes, it peters out (redline) around 100 mph.

And the trick is NOT the motors - it's the battery technology that has always been the weak link. We leased a NISSAN LEAF for three years, and it was a refined golf cart, suffering significant performance loss with hot and cold, and any distance run (more than 50 miles) had to be considered with a charger along the way in order to make it back. But we loved the car, and it was perfect for short trips around home - which for most Americans, is where 70% of trips are anyway.

Roll forward to the BOLT, and it had enough legs, and enough direct current 480V chargers had been sprinkled around, that we were able to take two trips more than 1,200 miles each - one down to western North Carolina with one of the RAA events, and the other up to Maine.

Batteries have a long way to go to match the energy density of liquid hydrocarbon fuels, and as we see on this site, it is far easier to tinker with the flow and compression and exhaust of hydrocarbons.

My 2013 is about 140rwhp on a good day....there's a Tesla S that likes to play on the odd occasion we meet on our commute home. From a standing start (he has to be in 'ludicrous' mode) he beats me to 100kmh by a couple of car lengths EVERY time....I reel him in by about 140/150 but I don't think they are geared to go much faster than that
Wait til you meet the new "plaid" model! It will be the quickest production car ever made. The company is claiming a zero-to-60-mph acceleration time of 1.99 seconds, a quarter-mile time of 9.3 seconds, and a top speed of 200 mph.

There’s a program on TV in the UK called Vintage Voltage, a company in Wales take Classic cars and convert to high output electric motors.
Most of these conversations produce more power than the old petrol engines they replace and the brakes and suspension are uprated to handle the weight of the batteries,but the cost is phenomenal,way beyond the reach of most just wanting something to tinker with at the weekend.
Just something I’m not interested in,maybe an age thing, but I love the soundtrack of a screaming triple or the V twin/ V8 rumble plus I love the smell !
As I recall, one of those vehicles -- was a 60's E-Type that had been converted -- was provided as the drive away car for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wedding.

I hope that the hydrogen will win instead of the "pure electric". Ref. the German company investing in a factory to produce hydrogen paste "PowerPaste" which will/should allow to produce hydrogen engines for motorcycles.

Above all, the system would make it possible to fill up even more quickly than fuel since instead of filling a tank, it would suffice to change an empty cartridge by a full one and add water to the tank. In addition to the speed of the process, the system has the advantage here of not needing any complex infrastructure, the cartridges can then be sold in service stations. The paste is also fluid enough to be used on traditional gasoline pumps.

Fraunhofer IFAM is therefore working on the construction of a factory which should be operational during the year to allow the production of up to 4 tonnes of pulp per year initially.

1616598277450.png

Last edited:
Back